Why become a member? ×

Barefaced Big One, serial no. 00GONE

Happy Jack

Well, it would be serial no. 001 if Alex did serial numbers.

This is the first Big One that Alex ever sold, back in March 2009, a veritable piece of Basschat history.

It has been my main gigging cab for well over two years, but I don't play in a particularly busy band so that means it has played something like 30 gigs - nicely played in, but not worn out. It has suffered no sonic abuse whatever, and sounds excellent.

I'm increasingly tending towards stacking my Barefaced Midget on top of it, so the reality is that it would make more sense to sell the Big One and buy a Barefaced Compact, which is actually designed to be used in that way.

The grille has the superficial scuffs and marks you'd expect after 30-ish gigs but the cab is otherwise in great condition. I'll post some photos tonight.

One thing to note is that the courier who originally delivered the cab to me dropped it off the back of a lorry (quite literally) and stove in the front bottom corner. Back it went to Brighton, where Alex re-built it for me with a re-inforced bottom ([i]insert own humorous comment here[/i]) so this Big One is not only the first ever, but is also unique and even stronger than usual.

I haven't got a padded envelope big enough to post it in, so this is collection only from Chiswick (London W4). From a folding point of view, this cab will cost you [size=4][b]£450[/b][/size].

Edited by Happy Jack

[quote name='bigjohn' timestamp='1319141939' post='1410594']
Who has a Big One AND a Compact?
[/quote]
Its an old shot from Barefaced website - google images is your friend :)

.... although it would have been cool if they were owned by the bass playing vole in the picture

Edited by Clarky

[quote name='Clarky' timestamp='1319142020' post='1410596']... although it would have been cool if they were owned by the bass playing vole in the picture[/quote]

He isn't a vole (or a 'little monkey fellow' - Ped, or a 'gopher' - Bob), he's a very small (and quite offended!) bear.

[quote name='Sibob' timestamp='1319360364' post='1412948']I've played through this cab and it's fantastic.
Obviously you can deal with Jack with the upmost of confidence!! :)

Si[/quote]
I've also played through this splendid cab but I wouldn't go near Jack with a barge-pole. Kidding! Totally trustworthy dude, but just don't mention the Manchester derby

[quote name='Happy Jack' timestamp='1319392143' post='1413571']You couldn't bloody wait, could you?

:)[/quote]
Based on your lot beating mine 8-2, Arsenal will lose 24-8 to Man City!

Back on topic, this is a phenomenally powerful and easily manageable cab that someone should snap up