Why become a member? ×

Cheap WAL?

The Wal is a "Pro" model NOT the more desirable "Custom" that everybody is after and sell for £2.5K..The Pro models are passive and don't have the Custom's circuitry..these were designed as entry models which could be upgraded at a later date..no idea how much the upgrade is today..

My Wal Pro IIe was active.

[IMG]http://i1128.photobucket.com/albums/m496/h4ppyjack/Wal%20Pro%20IIe%201978%20SOLD/100_0172.jpg[/IMG]

That rectangular thing running parallel to the G-string is the battery compartment (yes, funny place, I agree), and the bass in the advert has the same battery cover in the same place.

IMHO, £1250 is still a very good price for this bass. If it was close enough for me to go and have a look at it, I would certainly be tempted. If it's in good nick and requires no work, then that price is a bargain.

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1318684602' post='1405187']
S'pose...

Edit: I wasn't suggesting it [i]was[/i] a Shergold, just that it looked a bit like one...
This is making it worse, isn't it? I'll get me coat.
[/quote]

I think the companies burns,watkins and hayman were all influences on shergold and wal.