Why become a member? ×

Could You Be the Worst Looking Bass in the World

4 Strings

[quote name='silddx' timestamp='1318361155' post='1401210']
The reason is that it has 5 strings :)
[/quote]

God gave me five digits on each hand and five toes on each foot. Lower mammals are less sophisticated... same's true of my bass. :)

Still a butt ugly Warwick though.

[quote name='Johnston' timestamp='1318364599' post='1401278']

It's alright son we'll knock them out anyway someone will be daft enough :)
[/quote]

See that's the funny thing - they've actually been discontinued. Apparently they weren't that popular. I guess five strings really aren't for everyone... :)

Edited by Ben Jamin

[quote name='Jondeeman' timestamp='1318364401' post='1401273']

God gave me five digits on each hand and five toes on each foot. Lower mammals are less sophisticated... same's true of my bass. :)

Still a butt ugly Warwick though.
[/quote]
Ahh yesssss, the opposable thumb five-string minor arpeggio is a joy to see!

[quote name='Low End Bee' timestamp='1318342210' post='1400838']

The one Warwick did for Bonio's mate must be a contender?
[/quote]
The only bass to make me angry.I would want to grab the owner of one of these unspeakable piles of fecal matter and scream at them"Why?Have you really got more money than sense?Please tell me that you are playing this for a dare."
I would then wipe my spittle-flecked lips,and twat them one.

Keep misreading this as 'Could you be the worst looking bassist in the world?'

What about the most beautiful person playing the worst looking bass? (Yeah I know, the other way round is a lot easier, but a lot meaner)
Who's got the biggest contrast between their own gorgeousness and the hideous malformities of their instrument (bass, stop sniggering at the back there)?

[quote name='Dave Vader' timestamp='1318360083' post='1401180']

Really? Nobody's posted the Mothman yet? First in, for once....
[/quote]

Ok. that bass fell from the ugly tree and hit every branch on it's way down, shortly followed by the bird holding it... haha. (apologies if she is someone's gf or wife.

Google search, 'crazy bass guitar'.

First result

[url="http://edge.ebaumsworld.com/picture/skatesnow67/funny_picklez_015.jpg"]http://edge.ebaumsworld.com/picture/skatesnow67/funny_picklez_015.jpg[/url]

I can't imagine what the headstock looks like, given where the tuning pegs are. (This must be in a BC post somewhere already...)

[quote name='paul_5' timestamp='1318358484' post='1401151']
some good (bad) efforts so far, but what about these monstrosities?

[attachment=91111:strange_guitar_12.jpg]

they're both at least a little bit bad, if not worse.
[/quote]
That one puts me in mind of the tanks full of bad clones in Alien Resurrection. Truly revolting.

[quote name='lollington' timestamp='1318375567' post='1401483']
Google search, 'crazy bass guitar'.

First result

[url="http://edge.ebaumsworld.com/picture/skatesnow67/funny_picklez_015.jpg"]http://edge.ebaumswo...picklez_015.jpg[/url]

I can't imagine what the headstock looks like, given where the tuning pegs are. (This must be in a BC post somewhere already...)
[/quote]

It has a cobra's head. It's owned by a guy called Alvin Harrison and he has photos of it (and other equally interesting creations) on his facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000204382104

[quote name='Grant' timestamp='1318368845' post='1401369']
+ 1 for singlecuts. They always remind me of a sperm whale, especially that Warwick Thumb SC. Speaking of Warwicks, isn't the Dolphin the same as the Reverso, just with the corners sharpened? Still an awful, lazy design though.
[/quote]
No, it's even worse than that. It's an upside-down Stryker.
The Dolphin's okay-ish to look at, but suddenly makes sense when you wear it.

[quote name='Grand Wazoo' timestamp='1318374636' post='1401467']

Ok. that bass fell from the ugly tree and hit every branch on it's way down, shortly followed by the bird holding it... haha. (apologies if she is someone's gf or wife.
[/quote]

I think before anyone critisises this bass think back to the law of the jungle.........

Your walking through the trees and come across a camp where there is a hut twice as ugly and twice the size of yours with a bed twice as ugly and twice the size of yours with a club resting against it twice as ugly and twice the size of yours. Then you hear a distant THUD....THUD....THUD.... of footsteps twice as loud and twice as ugly as yours. What do you do? stop and take the p*ss??

Just a thought :)

A

[quote name='apa' timestamp='1318413745' post='1401717']

I think before anyone critisises this bass think back to the law of the jungle.........

Your walking through the trees and come across a camp where there is a hut twice as ugly and twice the size of yours with a bed twice as ugly and twice the size of yours with a club resting against it twice as ugly and twice the size of yours. Then you hear a distant THUD....THUD....THUD.... of footsteps twice as loud and twice as ugly as yours. What do you do? stop and take the p*ss??

Just a thought :)

A
[/quote]

are you saying this burd is twice as big and twice as ugly as yours?

[quote name='munkonthehill' timestamp='1318450113' post='1402450']

are you saying this burd is twice as big and twice as ugly as yours?
[/quote]

I was hoping to avoid that inferance lol.

[quote name='Grand Wazoo' timestamp='1318450252' post='1402453']
f##k knows what he is saying lol :) :o :o he lost me when mentioned "camp"
[/quote]

In a nutshell would you mess with the sort of bloke who owns a bass like that? :) and I dont think theres much 'camp' about him :)

A

[quote name='apa' timestamp='1318452010' post='1402493']

In a nutshell would you mess with the sort of bloke who owns a bass like that? :) and I dont think theres much 'camp' about him :)

A[/quote]

Stuff the kinda guy that would use a bass like that, I would be more worried about the kinda guy that uses a burd like that habahaha