Why become a member? ×

We are looking for a new salesman for our bass dept at GAK Brighton

wesfinn

Hope this is ok to post here but thought it could be a good opportunity for a basschatter.

[b] Job Opportunities @ GAK[/b]
[color=#000000]
Full-Time Experienced Sales Person Required Immediately: Bass dept.[/color]
[color=#000000]
GAK require an experienced & driven sales person to work in the bass retail area of the business.[/color]
[color=#000000]
The ideal candidate should be trained & experienced in sales with a good knowledge and interest in bass guitars & amps. An outgoing, easy-to-get-on-with personality with a hunger to succeed would thrive in this role. The applicant will be able to react/adapt to direction and will be overseen by the store manager.[/color]
[color=#000000]
Closing Date for applications- Monday 10th October[/color]
<p class="list_custom1" style="float: left; width: 488px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 10px; margin-left: 0px; border-top-width: 1px; border-top-style: dotted; border-top-color: rgb(192, 208, 224); ">
[b] Typical activities in this position will include:[/b]
[list]
[*]Listening to customer requirements and presenting appropriately to make a sale
[*]Maintaining and developing relationships with existing customers in person, and via telephone calls and emails
[*]Gathering market and customer information
[*]Challenging any objections with a view to getting the customer to buy
[*]Liaising with suppliers to check the progress of existing orders
[*]Checking quantities of goods on display and in stock
[*]Reviewing your own sales performance, aiming to meet or exceed targets
[*]Making accurate, rapid cost calculations, and providing customers with quotations
[*]Feeding future buying trends back to employers
[*]Attending team meeting and sharing best practice with colleagues.
[/list]
All applicants should forward their C.V to [email="[email protected]?subject=Drum%20Sales%20Person%20required%20@%20GAK"][email protected][/email]

I think you should add to the list of 'Typical Activities' for any prospective employee; cleaning & maintaining of showroom stock, so they're in a fit state for potential buyers to view/try.

Just a personal groan after twice visiting with intent to purchase, only to find basses i was interested in - in an appalling state - on display & a less than interested sales person 'busy' behing the counter.

On a brighter note - great job for the right guy!

Good luck,
John

[quote name='charic' timestamp='1317820002' post='1394929']
Very good idea offering up jobs on here :)
I wish the best to all BC applicants :)
[/quote]
Indeed. It's always good to have someone 'on the inside'. And rather nice of GAK to remember us. Building bridges and all that. :)

[quote name='waynepunkdude' timestamp='1317820467' post='1394936']
Just wondering if it's worth moving to Brighton for a more chilled life.
[/quote]

My wifes from brighton and we love going there, is a great place, dont think this job would tempt me there, id get the sack anyhow after just telling customers just buy a basic P bass and go have fun

Good luck GAK, and best wishes to who ever lands this Job, pay according to experience

[quote name='wesfinn' timestamp='1317820221' post='1394934']
Pay will be decided upon experience etc. please email [email protected] for more info.
[/quote]

So not a great job for someone just getting their foot in door of the industry then! :)

Only kidding, it should be very enjoyable and I hope the right person for the job comes forward. I thinking moaning about guitar shop staff makes up about 20% of the total discussion on this site!