Why become a member? ×

Pino Palladino and Friends Gig - Anyone going?

Linus27

I see Pino Palladino is playing at Ronnie Scotts this Wednesday. I so wish I was going but I saw it too late. I am sure it would be amazing. Anyone from here going?

[url="http://www.ronniescotts.co.uk/performances/view/723-pino-palladino-and-friends-feat-chris-dave"]http://www.ronniescotts.co.uk/performances/view/723-pino-palladino-and-friends-feat-chris-dave[/url]

I am killing time in the vicinity before going in at 6.30. I am tragically excited :) I have also managed to get to the Gallery, cross Dingwall off my GAS list (a fine instrument, just not for me) but unexpectedly add Alleva to it. It has been, and is going to be, a good day. If anyone else is going to be there pm me your mob and we can......... um ........ say "hi".

[quote name='owen' timestamp='1317830278' post='1395127']
I am killing time in the vicinity before going in at 6.30. I am tragically excited :) I have also managed to get to the Gallery, cross Dingwall off my GAS list (a fine instrument, just not for me) but unexpectedly add Alleva to it. It has been, and is going to be, a good day. If anyone else is going to be there pm me your mob and we can......... um ........ say "hi".
[/quote]

Damn and blast you lucky git. Please let us know how it is, what he plays etc :)

Interpreting a Pino solo gig for a forum full of bass geeks. No pressure there!

I will report back :)

[quote name='Linus27' timestamp='1317830554' post='1395133']

Damn and blast you lucky git. Please let us know how it is, what he plays etc :)[/quote]

Fiesta Red P. Epifani 2xsomething, 10" I'm guessing but it is dark and without geeking it to the max and walking to the front I cannot tell. Obv at the end I will. He has sunburst P as well. Bob Marley, Fela Kuti, Tony Williams covers and other stuff. Hamish Stewart on vocals for "Who's that girl".

This has been Owen at Ronnie Scott's for Basschat.co.uk

Was an awesome gig, as you would expect loads of great grooves on a really varied set that included tunes by Marley, Tony Williams and an encore of 'Chicken Grease', not to mention a couple of storming Fela Kuti tunes... it was killing - of course Chris Dave was amazing but so was Pino. The place was rammed, every muso in town was there...

[b]Always remember how lucky you are to live in London[/b]. Able to go out to a large assortment of gigs of any genre any night of the week. When i was a stripling of 17 (in 1980) I went there for three days and went out every night. Over Friday, Saturday, Sunday, I saw : The Ramones, The Boys, Ten Pole Tudor, The Slits, The Raincoats, The Pop group, The Damned, The Cramps.

A seminal weekend for me. I never forgot it, It just made me realise how starved of music and culturte we are where i live, and away from London in general.

Edited by daz