Why become a member? ×

Clip On Tuners

cfmusic01

[quote name='tonybassplayer' timestamp='1355233626' post='1895684']
Yes me too. Rehearsal room now provides back line etc so just taking bass and a clip on tuner makes life easy

On another note ( pun very definitely intended ) if the low E struggles can't I just check that it is accurate at the fifth fret as an A or third as a G etc ??
[/quote]

Harmonic at the 12th fret.

Ive got the Planet Waves headstock tuners on my gigging bass and it does the job fine, I dont tend to use it more than once per gig, but for doing a set up etc i really love the Peterson Strobo clip tuner. It seems to be more accurate, or at least shows more accuracy. Not cheap though.

Ive also got a Snark but thats just as a back up in my gig bag, the PW is just so small and unobtrusive compared to the Snark. When im bored at gigs i sometimes turn the tuner on and play word games with the notes lol.

Thank you all for your advice, guys! I received my D'Addario Planet Waves mini tuner this morning, and I've just tried it.

Good points:
- The adjustable clamp - very clever :)
- Reversible display for us lefties
- Tiny!

Slightly less good point:
- Still takes a while, and/or a few plucks, to decide if my B string is in tune or not. (At least, though, it doesn't have problems with the E string.)

Excellent buy for a little less than £12 and free delivery from Amazon.

Edit - the tuner wasn't touching the strings, even if in this photo it looks like it is.

Edited by bluejay

Planet Waves item works fine for me E to G, but also when I had a 5-string it coped with a low B. You need to find the most resonant part of the headstock for optimal effect or tune with harmonics (or both).