Why become a member? ×

Ashdown Klystron Classic 1000w Head **SOLD**

Chopthebass

I'm well & truly p*ssed off with ebay buyers! Twice I had buyers pull out for stupid reasons.
So it's here again for sale and it must go as its taking up space in my hall and I can't take any more grief from the missus!

I bought a load of these in October brand new, but were incorrectly priced online. They didn't twig in time, and my order went through! Their loss - my gain. So this is up for sale at less than half Thomann price. It hasn't been used, and its boxed and unmarked.

So, the first reasonable offer will be accepted.Thanks,
Ian

Now £399 on dreaded ebay.

Edited by Chopthebass

[quote name='ped' post='162133' date='Mar 23 2008, 11:59 AM']Wotsit sound like?[/quote]

I was surpried how powerful the eq is on this amp. People often say the Ashdown is 'woolly', but I certainly wouldn't say that about this head. I tried it thru two Aguilar DB112 cabs and it has excellent clarity with a very big underlying bass. The new on-board compressor is extremely usable, even on high settings. Another BC member who bought one off me is extremely pleased about how his P-Bass is 'felt'. I'm not a big fan of distortion on bass, but the valve grind can be set so it only works when played hard. Which I guess might be useful. I like the bass clean!

[quote name='Machines' post='163079' date='Mar 25 2008, 12:27 PM']Pah.. time and place and all that. An ABM900 sold on eBay for £360 a few days ago, I hope you get a good price Chopthebass. If this goes for silly money I will cry into my keyboard...[/quote]

That is a good price. These RRP for more, I guess coz they are british made, and current models. Anyway, someones bid at £399, so its sold. I'm happy with that. I may get more bids - you never know.

[quote name='MB1' post='163225' date='Mar 25 2008, 04:15 PM']MB1. :)
If id got the spare change Chop id have had this myself mate, cant believe its not gone.Hope you have a bit more luck on the bay this time round.Silly price for a great Amp!. :huh:[/quote]

Thanks MB. Third time lucky!

[quote name='MB1' post='163225' date='Mar 25 2008, 04:15 PM']MB1. :)
If id got the spare change Chop id have had this myself mate, cant believe its not gone.Hope you have a bit more luck on the bay this time round.Silly price for a great Amp!. :huh:[/quote]

same here.
i could f*ck a lot of neighbours off with this, especially the one with the drumkit

[quote name='john_the_bass' post='163275' date='Mar 25 2008, 05:19 PM']same here.
i could f*ck a lot of neighbours off with this, especially the one with the drumkit[/quote]

I love hearing a great drummer, but there's only so much drum practicing I can take! I got one the other side of my garden - and he ain't that good!

Well, that's at least £50 you owe me - if nothing else at least I've stirred the bidding up a little.

Couldn't bear to see such a funky head selling for so little money.

I've got a new heavier rock project on the go and a Klystron would do just nicely for that :)

[quote name='Chopthebass' post='163285' date='Mar 25 2008, 05:49 PM']I love hearing a great drummer, but there's only so much drum practicing I can take! I got one the other side of my garden - and he ain't that good![/quote]

MB1. :)
Funny! .............he speaks kindly/loudly of you! :huh: