Why become a member? ×

***SOLD*** TC Electronic Staccato '51 for sale

chris_b

My TC Electronic Staccato ’51 is now for sold.

This is the amp that TC designed for Tower Of Power’s Francis Rocco Prestia and is rated at approx 300 watts at 8 ohm and 450 watts at 4 ohm. It weighs 8lbs and comes with mains and USB leads. It’s 10 months old and in perfect condition (at least 10/10). These amps sound much louder than their rating and have huge lows and low mids. The EQ that Rocco designed emphasises a fat, warm bass tone with punchy mids and sizzling highs. The Staccato easily keeps up with 2 loud guitarists and drummer.

This amp has a “World Ready” power supply, standard DI and digital recording output socket. You can store 3 tone settings on the memory buttons which will allow you to switch between 4 string, 5 string and fretless and get the right tone at the press of a button. There is a very accurate onboard tuner, per string compression and a tube simulation control. I have used this amp with my Bergantino cabs and it excelled with both the 10’s and 12’s. I run the amp flat and get the greatest, fattest tone.

I am the original owner of this amp and there are no knocks, problems or issues. All my gear lives in my smoke free back room and this amp has always travelled to gigs in my car. I bought it because I needed a backup that was light and powerful but it sounds so good that it has become my main amp! The Staccato certainly lives up to the reviews and all my bands love the sound but I’ve decided to upgrade to the RH750.

If anyone wants to hear this amp send me a PM and we can work something out. I would prefer to deliver, within 30 miles of Kingston, Surrey, or further if you're on the way to somewhere I want to go, but I still have the packaging and can post if I have to, at buyers expense.

No trades thank you. I'm looking for £550.

Edited by chris_b

[quote name='charic' timestamp='1316714940' post='1381916']
....What a great price! I wish i had the money to upgrade to this :) Oh well loving the RH450 anyway. Good luck with the sale!....
[/quote]
[size=4][color=#222222][font=Arial]Thanks. [/font][/color][/size]

[size=4][color=#222222][font=Arial]I don't know why they are so expensive but as I got a good deal from the shop when I bought it I'm happy to pass that on to the next owner. [/font][/color][/size][color=#222222][font=Arial][size=1][/size][/font][/color]
[size=4][font=Arial] [/font][/size][font=Arial][size=2][/size][/font]

[quote name='Davy' timestamp='1316813187' post='1383394']
....Can I ask why you've upgraded to the RH750?....
[/quote]
[size=4][color=#222222][font=Arial]The difficult questions first, eh? [/font][/color][/size][color=#222222][font=Arial][size=2][/size][/font][/color]
[size=4][color=#222222][font=Arial] [/font][/color][/size][color=#222222][font=Arial][size=2][/size][/font][/color]
[size=4][color=#222222][font=Arial]I’m not entirely sure. I had a little voice telling me that I wanted more![/font][/color][font=Arial] [/font][/size][font=Arial][size=2] [/size][/font]
[size=4][color=#222222][font=Arial] [/font][/color][/size][color=#222222][font=Arial][size=2][/size][/font][/color]
[size=4][font=Arial][color="#000000"]Firstly I don't have a problem with any of the 500 watt amps I've been using, but I play in a couple of loud bands and for awhile I’ve felt the need for some extra poke in order to punch through in the mix. I used the RH750 tonight and I found out it was louder than I was expecting! I have to do some home work on the EQ but there is a huge "body" to the tone. Whenever I've described something as huge before I have been misusing the word! This is huge!!! [/color][/font][/size][font=Arial][size=2] [/size][/font]
[size=4][font=Arial] [/font][/size][font=Arial][size=2][/size][/font]
[size=4][font=Arial][color="#000000"]I usually upgrade in small steps, but this is a leap. It sounds like I’ve bought a Porsche to do the Tesco run. I think I’ve started a big learning curve with this one.[/color][/font][/size][font=Arial][size=2] [/size][/font]

Thanks for the response.

I only ask I'm changing all of my gear for something with a lot more headroom than my Ashdown MAG600 into a 2x10 cab. It seems to have no balls at all and I have heard good reviews about the TC stuff being more efficient for the wattage.

Everyone else seems to be happy with the power of their TCs but I sensed that you needed a bit more volume and wasn't sure if 450 watts would be enough for my band(3 piece heavy rock).

I guess it depends on the type of band you play in and the volume that the guitarist and drummer play at I suppose.

[quote name='Davy' timestamp='1316855301' post='1383665']
....I only ask I'm changing all of my gear for something with a lot more headroom than my Ashdown MAG600 into a 2x10 cab. It seems to have no balls at all.... [/quote]
[size=4][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][color=#222222]600 watts into a 210 will probably sound like that because of the 210. Another 210 or a 410 will sound much better. My 450 watt TC kept up with the loud bands but if you want a ton of power to spare go for the 750. [/color][/font][/size][color=#222222][font=Arial][size=1][/size][/font][/color]
[size=4][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][color=#222222] [/color][/font][/size][color=#222222][font=Arial][size=1][/size][/font][/color]
[size=4][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][color=#222222]Headroom isn't really the way to describe what you get with TC because of the way that they generate their volume. Headroom usually means having enough power to handle the peaks of the signal, but TC chops those off by using compression, so what you get is loud in a slightly different way. [/color][/font][/size]
[size=4][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif] [/font][/size]
[size=4][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][color=#222222]One advantage of the 750 is the extra EQ that you get. I’ll be getting to grips with that next week. [/color][/font][/size]