Why become a member? ×

Musicman 3EQ - ANOTHER PRICE DROP - £675 - OUCH!

Perry

This really hurts to let go but I just cant get used to the wide neck.

The bass is mint no scratches vitually no fret wear.

The bass has been professionally set-up my Chris at Mcyntyre Guitars www.mcintyreguitars.com

Come with Musicman hardcase

Collection only as I want to hand it over in it's mint condition.

The Transluciant Orange with matching headstock is rare and I have never seen the scratchplate on any other orange Musicman.

I'm asking for £850

Edited by Perry

• 5 weeks later...

Have I missed something or are there no pictures of the matching orange headstock? Beautiful looking bass though mate, far more interesting than my Black on Black rosewood 'ray.

Deserves a worthy home, good luck with it.

Edit - forgot to mention I was selling my Stingray for the same reasons; the wide neck. I've withdrawn it now though.

Edited by benwhiteuk

[quote name='benwhiteuk' post='183860' date='Apr 23 2008, 02:53 PM']Have I missed something or are there no pictures of the matching orange headstock? Beautiful looking bass though mate, far more interesting than my Black on Black rosewood 'ray.

Deserves a worthy home, good luck with it.

Edit - forgot to mention I was selling my Stingray for the same reasons; the wide neck. I've withdrawn it now though.[/quote]

Good point - I will try to post some tomorrow

[quote name='Perry' post='159106' date='Mar 17 2008, 08:04 PM']This really hurts to let go but I just cant get used to the wide neck.[/quote]

I know what you mean - I had the same thing with my Stingray. Bought a Sterling now and it's great. The sound gets pretty close and the neck is so much easier to play. Have you tried one? If not you ought to give one a go. As a comparison you could take your 'Ray along to do an AB. When the Sterling's switch is towards the bridge the humbucker is in parallel (as it is on a 'Ray).

Free bump.

Mine is also chunky, and also black (with maple and matching head incidently) but even though it does have a chunky neck everytime i plug it in i still giggle and say
"It sounds just like a stingray!"
As i wanted one for sooooo many years, infact it was specificly the sound of a Ray that got me started (Chilis and RATM and ride, and Neds), i was like i wanna make 'that' sound, and only a ray would do, shame it took like 15 years to get one!, and over a year later i STILL havn't got over the novelty!

Sorry to threadjack, lush bass good luck with the sale, the pickguard looks like an abalone one i used to have.

[quote name='Quatschmacher' post='183918' date='Apr 23 2008, 04:03 PM']I know what you mean - I had the same thing with my Stingray. Bought a Sterling now and it's great. The sound gets pretty close and the neck is so much easier to play. Have you tried one? If not you ought to give one a go. As a comparison you could take your 'Ray along to do an AB. When the Sterling's switch is towards the bridge the humbucker is in parallel (as it is on a 'Ray).

Free bump.[/quote]

yeah a friend of mine has a Sterling and it feels perfect and it's easy to get used to after playing Warwicks. Tried to swap my 'ray for a Stearling a few times but no one with a Sterling wanted to let theirs go...saying that, if my Stingray looked like this I'd make myself get used to the wider neck :)

[quote name='gafbass02' post='183930' date='Apr 23 2008, 04:29 PM']Mine is also chunky, and also black (with maple and matching head incidently) but even though it does have a chunky neck everytime i plug it in i still giggle and say
"It sounds just like a stingray!"
As i wanted one for sooooo many years, infact it was specificly the sound of a Ray that got me started (Chilis and RATM and ride, and Neds), i was like i wanna make 'that' sound, and only a ray would do, shame it took like 15 years to get one!, and over a year later i STILL havn't got over the novelty!

Sorry to threadjack, lush bass good luck with the sale, the pickguard looks like an abalone one i used to have.[/quote]
I know what you mean, i love that stingray sound. I have a sub, it only cost me £350 off the bay and it sounds exactly the same, i love it! Though i am trying to get a real ray...

Edited by budget bassist

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='BassManKev' post='185097' date='Apr 25 2008, 09:44 AM']id love this, tis gorgeoussss :)[/quote]

Yep, I've gone bananas. I'm after some more DJ equipment quickly so the price has been droppped.

No trades please as I am also selling a Warwick Standard In Bubinga.

Pics to follow.

Edited by Perry

[quote name='Perry' post='193683' date='May 7 2008, 10:21 AM']Yep, I've gone bananas. I'm after some more DJ equipment quickly so the price has been droppped.

No trades please as I am also selling a Warwick Standard In Bubinga.

Pics to follow.[/quote]
My Warwick is now up for sale and I am also dropping the price again on the Musicman to £700

I'm sure you will agree, it's a bargain.

[quote name='Perry' post='159106' date='Mar 17 2008, 08:04 PM']This really hurts to let go but I just cant get used to the wide neck.

The bass is mint no scratches vitually no fret wear.

The bass has been professionally set-up my Chris at Mcyntyre Guitars www.mcintyreguitars.com

Come with Musicman hardcase

Collection only as I want to hand it over in it's mint condition.

The Transluciant Orange with matching headstock is rare and I have never seen the scratchplate on any other orange Musicman.

I'm asking for £850

[/quote]

Does the string spacing in the fourth picture down affect playability at all? :)

[quote name='ednaplate' post='196227' date='May 10 2008, 09:08 PM']Does the string spacing in the fourth picture down affect playability at all? :huh:[/quote]

I can't believe this hasn't been snapped up yet.

£700 is the lowest I can go.

I really don't wanna put it eBay but it looks like I might have to :)

[quote name='Perry' post='202300' date='May 19 2008, 05:31 PM']I'm dropping it to £675 :)[/quote]

:huh: what are you doing?

i reckon you could walk into any music shop and get that for it - possibly even more if you sell it through a big music shop and pay them commission?

It’s such a nice bass to let go for the same price I’m asking for my black one, depends how quickly you need the cash though.