Why become a member? ×

Roqsolid Covers

bassbluestew

[quote name='citymariner' timestamp='1316191052' post='1375773']
I noticed the image above had an logo stitch in - is that a new service they offer?!?
[/quote]

Its a printed on logo, not stitched. Fantastically well done. I sent over the image to Bryn and the first sample arrived within the week.

I decided to include a Roqsolid cover with every cab. They have a great proven track record, and I have used them myself for years for previous cabs.

Dave

[quote name='winterfire666' timestamp='1316365086' post='1376973']has anyone tried hotcovers? if so how do they compare to roqsolid?[/quote] Can't comment on them, but they look similar to a padded cover I had made for my old TE combo years ago, except that was heavy duty cloth outer rather than leather-look
[quote name='winterfire666' timestamp='1316365086' post='1376973']my only concern (with roqsolid)is they look a bit thin/lightweight
are there any other more heavy duty options?[/quote] never had a problem with mine in years
[quote name='stingrayPete1977' timestamp='1316368340' post='1377026']I don't find roqsolids thin at all, you can have a speaker protection board sewn in as an extra for a reasonable fee too.[/quote] what he said.

Mine have been used for transporting in the car rather than chucked in and out of a van, but they always stayed pristine, no rips or joint splits

I agree that they are 'protection' in that they should keep the cabs looking very smart.
They have a decent padding to the material and it will not rip at all easily.
The stitching is good and strong but the purpose is light loading into cars etc...
If you are going to be chucking cabs around you'll need flightcases..which is a whole new ball-game..and cost.

I wouldn't advise van loading and expecting the cabs to be protected from all that entails but that is not the makers fault or purpose, IMO.

And if the cab doesn't fit when the user has supplied a template, then whose fault is that...??

I made up my own on their site and they were very dilligent at ensuring it was what I wanted which is what took a few days longer than usual. No problem with that at all... get it right first time and save all sorts of hassle on returns etc.

I think well worth the money and considering a bespoke cover from the amp/cab maufacturer might be 3 times the price.

[quote name='bassbluestew' timestamp='1315989215' post='1372851']
Foirst off mods please move this if it's in the wrong place.

Righty Ho. As some of you may know I have a dinky new Aguilar rig. As some of you also know I look after my gear and keep it in good/great condition.
To that end I wanted some new covers for my new DB112 cabs. I contacted Bryn at Roqsolid on Monday about 1pm. I spoke to him on t'phone, customised the covers slightly, arranged express delivery,got a (very good) price and WITHIN 24 HOURS my covers arrived. They are in Leeds, I'm in rural Glasgow. Remember these are custom made - not stock - and were customised. Actual time from talking to Bryn until I unpacked them was approx 21 hours. I think that is remarkable by anyone's standards!!!
A huge well done and thank you to Bryn and the team at Roqsolid. Oh and it goes without saying the covers fit perfectly.
Happy boy here!!!!
Stewart.
[/quote]

Had excellent service from Bryn and Lee on my Mark Bass cabs, they used my dimensions for the 151 and 210 T covers. Incidentally ( and no-one likes a smartass) they are based in Birstall which is near Bradford but has a Wakefield postcode!

I've ordered 3 covers from them now, the most recent one a few days ago. All excellent quality and all arrived very quickly.

As regards some coments regarding durability/thickness - I have in the past had a Silverstone cover made that uses a neoprene style material which is much thicker but i wouldn't say was as durable and is a right pain when you need to fold it away at a gig.. I think amp/cab covers are good for keeping the rain and dust off and protect finishes from rubbing and light impacts, however if you need more protection it's probably time for a fightcase.

Scalpy, I have the same cabs as you and my covers completely enclose the cab, unlike Aguilars which leave the bottom open( where the feet are, but NOT where you tend to rest it in use ). They are quite simply the poodles plums !!

It has an ingenious velcro flap affair which overlaps and fastens on three sides and is stitched on one. He's just last week done mine, get him quick and I'm sure he'll do you a great price - they do have a 10% recession buster sale on.

My old Ampeg cover did more than 150 gigs, and still looked like new, no rips/tears etc and this was in a Roqsolid cover. Ask Sean who bought it....he was quietly impressed by the condidition I think, well I know, cause he bought it, and is hopefully looking after it as well as I did ( I'm sure you are Sean, and still loving it I hope!!! )

Let me know if you want any details scalpy, but I wouldn't hesitate in recommending them.
S

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' timestamp='1316534611' post='1379343']There comes a point where your vehicle needs protection from your cases which is fine for gigging bands with a tour bus but for most of us a soft roqsolids or similar case has just the right balance between no cover and a flight case.[/quote]

a very good point!

• 2 weeks later...

Another happy Roqsolid customer here. I've been very impressed with them, although I wish i had shelled out for the flap that straps the cabs in under the bottom! Ah well, I shall know better next time!

I can also vouch for their protection, no matter how much i remind people, it seems that it's inevitable that my gear gets scuffed against a wall or knocked against something, and there is evidence of this on the covers. On one of my cabs the outer black layer has been torn on one of the edges that go round the speaker grill. Definitely would have buggered up the tolex and been very unsightly (especially considering the location) but the felt did a properly good job of protecting the underneath, so i am thoroughly chuffed.

• 2 weeks later...