Why become a member? ×

NCD!!!! Barefaced Super12 T

nottswarwick

Well, it is here.

Only done a quick test so far, and did and AB with the Compact.

Probably no-one will be surprised to learn that it is alot louder than the Compact, and obviously the tweeter gives (adjustable) levels of top end clarity.

My ABM500 EVO2 sounds really good through it, with everything on flat, and without the shape filter engaged - so a nod to those (Prime Bass mainly) who suggested to try this.

Flat EQ, and flat on the bass (SR4 3EQ) but with just a tiny boost on the bass knob on the bass, and there we go.

It's quite a bit heavier than the Compact and taller. The wheels are handy. Nicely put together too. It's still a bit "tight" in the lows I suspect, and will open up with usage this weekend.

Big-ish do, wedding type affair, so we will see how it gets on. However, it certainly addresses what was (for me at least) lacking with the Compact - lack of high end extension, and overall headroom. I cannot imagine this not being loud enough.

And my ABM looks ace on top of it:

[attachment=88937:IMG_0546.jpg]

So, there we go. I shall report back with a gig test report.

Chris

I think the cab will compliment the Ashdwon just right.
I've used my Super 12 on 2 gigs so far with 2 different basses and amps. The only thing I'm haven't got use to yet is the clarity of the cab.
I thought my Tech SS 4x10 was uncoloured (for want of a better word) but this really is what you put in you get out I think.

[quote name='whynot' post='1366387' date='Sep 8 2011, 01:45 PM']I think the cab will compliment the Ashdwon just right.
I've used my Super 12 on 2 gigs so far with 2 different basses and amps. The only thing I'm haven't got use to yet is the clarity of the cab.
I thought my Tech SS 4x10 was uncoloured (for want of a better word) but this really is what you put in you get out I think.[/quote]
I will have one next year, I the gigs are coming in and there is a 'need' for a bigger cab, even though we have subs and PA :) :) I can't wait to try it with my terror bass

It's a dead good cab .... :) Here's mine with my RH236.... Although if I feel the need I have the QSC2402 booster amp available :)

I've not used the EBS rig pictured here in months....

[quote name='burno70' post='1367429' date='Sep 9 2011, 11:08 AM']Dead jealous man!

Mine should be ready soon - and i've nearly got the rest of the payment together. Really, really can't wait!

Have fun![/quote]

Edited by markstuk

[quote name='markstuk' post='1367436' date='Sep 9 2011, 11:13 AM']It's a dead good cab .... :) Here's mine with my RH236.... Although if I feel the need I have the QSC2402 booster amp available :lol:

I've not used the EBS rig pictured here in months....[/quote]

Wow, it beats the EBS stack? ..... and not just for weight???? :)

[quote name='51m0n' post='1366359' date='Sep 8 2011, 01:24 PM']You are going to love this thing on a gig, it sounds superb![/quote]
Plus the one!!

Loving mine with an LMT running it. Already seen off a twin Marshall stack :) and solid as a rock down to the low B's

Edited by WalMan