Why become a member? ×

has anybody ever managed

steve-bbb

i have fiddled and fiddled but alas :)

and a quick scan through the forums here and elsewhere i concur

rubbish sound and aweful tracking

bet the wee lassie who sold it to me from evil bay was chuckling all the way .... :)

oh well - any other brands come recommended to get just a few decent fat chunky bass synth tones?

ta muchly

cheers for the suggestions - had another search on youtube - there are a couple of demos where they get a reasonable tracking going on but reading on basstalk there is suggestion that the only way to get the filters top track reasonably accurately is to compress the bejeesus out of it first to get a steady constant input - maybe the youtube reviewers are being a bit economical with the facts? :)

EHX bass micro-synth. I replaced my SYB5 with one of these. It still won't store presets, but is a bit more musical and tracks better. Granted, it's not really a synth pedal at all (just good filters and an octaver), but still better than the SYB-5.

[quote name='dudewheresmybass' post='1364557' date='Sep 6 2011, 08:24 PM']I still use mine, but with an exP pedal.
Set to modes 10&11, I get some really great swell/ sweeps[/quote]

actually, yeah, I used to run mine with an expression pedal and things improved [b]vastly[/b]. The whole setup was just too big for my board though.

I'm not a huge fan of the Boss pedal. The Roland V-Bass has some great synth patches though.
If I want synth type sounds I'll either mix up a bunch of effects ( OC2 is a very good starting point)
or just use an actual synth (which is my preference lately)

[quote name='dudewheresmybass' post='1364557' date='Sep 6 2011, 08:24 PM']I still use mine, but with an exP pedal.
Set to modes 10&11, I get some really great swell/ sweeps[/quote]

I can't remember what mode I used but I reckon it would be decent with an exp pedal. Do you have a choice of which parameters to control or is it fixed?

I bought one of these off e-bay a while back and yes, it was complete 'stool' in every respect.
The tracking was just woeful if you played anything but one sustained note.
I ended up PX-ing it along with a Boss AW-3 (which was also rubbish) against an MXR M82.
Along with Mr. Academy I'm interested in trying one of those MarkBass Synths too.