Why become a member? ×

Lakland Darryl Jones 4 string. NOW TRADED THANKS.

bobpalt

[size=4][b]Lakland Darryl Jones 4 string with Lakland gigbag.[/b][/size]

Excellent condition, 2008 model (made in Korea) with Lakland pickups and original gig bag.

Super bass, not a mark I can see on her, hardly played by myself. This is the first of what could be a few basses for sale, as I need to start looking to the future (retirement from work) and cutting back a bit.

Its the supposedly superior Korean build, with a very slim and fast neck.

I would like to exchange for an Overwater 4string, newer model, any difference in value of course paid by me.

Cheers,

Bob

*NOW TRADED THANKS*

[attachment=88783:bits_and...eces_098.jpg]

[attachment=88782:bits_and...eces_097.jpg]

Edited by bobpalt

[quote name='karlfer' post='1365709' date='Sep 7 2011, 08:23 PM']Right Bob that fish is driving me bloody crazy bump.
Mullet? Bream? Carp sprayed silver? The fins look sea fish, the road behind confuses me.
Explain yourself my lad bump :) .
Karl.[/quote]

Hi Karl.

Always stick with your first answer! Its a 7lb Mullet, and the road is the one that goes around Roscarberry Lagoon in County Cork where I caught it (on bread/float/avon rod). Believe it or not, it took 25 minutes to land, as the lagoon is ony 3 feet deep and the so-and-so kept taking all the line off the reel in great long runs! Brilliant fun! Lost another straight after, went back the next day and didnt get a sniff...............

Bob

[quote name='karlfer' post='1366972' date='Sep 8 2011, 08:56 PM']One less than you may think :) .

And that Mullet sounds worse than a pissed off River Severn barbel!
Karl.[/quote]

I've lived less than a mile from the River Severn for the last 30 years, and have never caught a Barbel............

[quote name='bobpalt' post='1368167' date='Sep 9 2011, 11:17 PM']I've lived less than a mile from the River Severn for the last 30 years, and have never caught a Barbel............[/quote]

Shame on you, hang your head low :) .

Anyway, listen up!
I am going to Bob's on the night of Friday 16th September.
Anyone who decides to buy this bass, I can drop it off for you on the M5, between Tewkesbury and the M6, or the M6, from M5/M6 junction, up to Wigan.
Anybody buying it north of Wigan can come and collect it from me.
Just sayin' in case it will help out a prospective buyer.

Thats all :) .
Karl.

[quote name='bobpalt' post='1368625' date='Sep 10 2011, 03:19 PM']Very kind offer, thanks Karl.

There are lots of nice people on this forum!

Bob[/quote]

...and you're one of the best of them Bob!

I've bought 3 basses from Bob (so far!) and he's an absolute gent in every respect.

[quote name='MoonBassAlpha' post='1368818' date='Sep 10 2011, 07:18 PM']...and you're one of the best of them Bob!

I've bought 3 basses from Bob (so far!) and he's an absolute gent in every respect.[/quote]
+1, deal with confidence folks, it will be painless! What other basses you moving on then Bob?

[quote name='giblett123' post='1368856' date='Sep 10 2011, 08:07 PM']+1, deal with confidence folks, it will be painless! What other basses you moving on then Bob?[/quote]

Youre all too kind! Do as you would be done by I always say.

Not fully decided on the next sales, but I have the first "new" Wal Mk2 made in 2009, a white Stingray (!), possibly a superb ACG Finn single pickup/piezo with leds, maybe a Status S2 with side and face leds, who knows, could be a Tanglewater Contemporary Jazz, might sell a black Roscoe Century Standard. possibly others. No bargains, as these will be part of my pension fund!

Cheers,

Bob

I was playing my DJ4 yesterday at rehearsal. These are indeed great basses. So playable with nice juicy tones. If anyone is looking for a Jazz they should seriously consider this bass.

Edited by Hutton

[quote name='Hutton' post='1370076' date='Sep 12 2011, 07:55 AM']I was playing my DJ4 yesterday at rehearsal. These are indeed great basses. So playable with nice juicy tones. If anyone is looking for a Jazz they should seriously consider this bass.[/quote]

Thanks for the kind comments, and you are so right!

Cheers,

Bob

[quote name='Musicman20' post='1371263' date='Sep 12 2011, 11:39 PM']Any idea of the weight?[/quote]

Hi.

I've just tried to weigh it on the (electronic) bathroom scales, and it says "error"! Obviously too light to weigh, but I would guess between 8 1/2 and 9lbs. Not heavy, but not featherweight either. Certainly no problem at all strapped on, and less than my Tanglewater.