Why become a member? ×

Fender S1 P Bass 2003

TheGreek

[quote name='Jack' post='1351062' date='Aug 25 2011, 10:09 AM']I have a 2003, S1, USA P-Bass (although mine is in Chrome red) so I'll subscribe in case anyone has any questions.[/quote]

General resale value?

My guess is it isn't the deluxe with the JJ humbucker?

Not going to comment on resale value in someone else's thread.

I WILL say that they're fantastic basses though. If I'm not mistaken mate, yours is Chrome Red, that and candy apple are very similar. Mine is certainly chrome red, and the chromes came with the black pickguard versus the white with candy apple. Rare colour, only for 2003 IIRC. The S1 switch switches the pickup between parallel to series.

[quote name='Jack' post='1351460' date='Aug 25 2011, 04:03 PM']Not going to comment on resale value in someone else's thread.

I WILL say that they're fantastic basses though. If I'm not mistaken mate, yours is Chrome Red, that and candy apple are very similar. Mine is certainly chrome red, and the chromes came with the black pickguard versus the white with candy apple. Rare colour, only for 2003 IIRC. The S1 switch switches the pickup between parallel to series.[/quote]

I'm happy to hear what you think a fair price is for this bass since I have no idea..give me an idea what one in good condition might be worth so I can take in consideration what it might be worth with the damage..

Still prefer a trade..

As a guideline, I sold a 2006 one of these, in black/black/maple, in very good condition, with Fender case, for £650 earlier this year.

The S1 enables you to get a more "Jazz-type" sound, cutting the mids that the Precision is famed for. Whilst this may not be everyones cup of tea, it`s one of those "well don`t use it then" features. When its not engaged, the bass is a regular Precision, the S1 doesn`t have any effect on the sound. My current gigging bass is one of these with the S1 feature, very good basses.

Edited by Lozz196