Why become a member? ×

Gibson or epiphone

adypeck

I've always fancied a Thunderbird and are fourtunete enough to be able to afford a full on Gibson, and there's a good looking Black one on ebay right now. however, i have always been put off by the passive pick ups, and don't like the idea of defiling an original. I have noticed however, that some people are commenting on some new high power pick ups on Thunderbirds that out perform some actives, and today have seen the new epiphone pro with actives and through neck. Has anyone got any more info or experience they could share with me. My first bass is a Stingray/piezo so i know nothing can compete with that for sound, but i'm an old rocker who thinks a sexy bass might pull some groovey chicks, as my looks have gone and my wiastline is no longer rockcity shirt off eye candy!!!!!
Ady.

Edited by adypeck

The two models to consider are the Gibson Thunderbird IV, and then the Epiphone Thunderbird Pro IV.

The simple comparison on sound is the Gibson sounds like the Thunderbird, the Epiphone sounds like a more modern version.

Edited by Bankai

My mate had always hated musicians because they were cooler than him. One day he was passing a music shop and he decided to pop in to see what all the fuss was about. He phoned me that evening and could hardly contain himself. "Mate, I finally get it. I was at the music shop, I picked up a Les Paul and knew I had to have it. I bought it on the spot." "So, it was like an epiphany" I said. "No", he replied, "It's a proper Gibson."

Sorry for the thread hijack.