Why become a member? ×

Am i the biggest idiot ever? You decide.

EdwardHimself

When i took delivery of my Eden Metro combo i decided i didn't need to use the castors so i left them wrapped up in the bubble wrap. I noticed that it was possible to change the channels and mute the amp by using a footswitch. I decided to then build a nice shiny new one. £30 quid, several hours and metres of electrical wire wasted later, it's finished and it's fantastic. It's even got a little flashing LED to indicate when the output has been muted. Very exciting. Just for a laugh anyway i decided to open up the 2 packages of "castors" only to find a black object with the word "EDEN" written on it inside one of them. Yep, it's a footswitch :) . Well done me. It gave me something to do i suppose, but I could have spent the money on a distortion pedal :) oh well, c'est la vie i suppose. But it just goes to show, you need to count all your chickens before you get some more, or something like that anyway.

Edited by EdwardHimself

[quote name='risingson' post='1344794' date='Aug 18 2011, 08:12 PM']Life goes on eh. I've got the WT800 and no option to swap channels so I suppose having two lots of choices is a plus in some way.[/quote]

Having 2 channels is great. Even though neither channel has any built in effects, because it's got 2 effects loops you can hook up your own effects and switch multiple effects on and off with one switch. I was even playing around with GR4 and everything. I don't know why you don't see it on more bass amps really.

[quote name='Blademan_98' post='1344798' date='Aug 18 2011, 08:14 PM']:)

This made me chuckle.

Not an idiot, just a bloke!

Don't read the manual or inventory after purchase :)

You can always sell the real footswitch :lol:[/quote]

probably something like that lol. I'm not sure i can get rid of the eden footswitch because of the strangeness of the wiring, i don't know if it will work with any other amps.

Edited by EdwardHimself

[quote name='Blademan_98' post='1344798' date='Aug 18 2011, 08:14 PM']This made me chuckle.

Not an idiot, just a bloke!
Don't read the manual or inventory after purchase :)[/quote]

+1

My one and only foray into Ikea flat pack furniture left me with a pile of spare parts that I never did find a use for and a wardrobe that collapsed when I tried moving it into it's final resting place... :)

We're blokes. It's what we do.
I bought a car seat for my baby daughter- I removed all the wrap and tore of the label which said "Do not remove this label incase of any defect. Item cannot be returned once label is removed"

Yup, you guessed it- the chair was defective but I confessed to my bloke-ish stupidity and got a replacement one :-)

[quote name='Bilbo' post='1349096' date='Aug 23 2011, 03:48 PM']Oh, THAT's what it was....

I have been carrying around for a decade without knowing what it is for....[/quote]

haha i suppose if you don't use any effects there isn't much need for switching between the channels. I like using the mute button though when switching between basses and suchlike.

[quote name='Cameronj279' post='1349624' date='Aug 23 2011, 10:25 PM']Nope! Not quite the biggest idiot, I almost just spent £100+ on a bass cab to then realise (momentarily before commiting to buy) "wait....don't i need an amp head?" :)[/quote]

Lol i bought the markbass last year about 2 months before i bought an amp head:

I found a hifi and a mic preamp worked perfectly well as an amp head for a while :)

[quote name='ShergoldSnickers' post='1351685' date='Aug 25 2011, 07:46 PM']It all matters not. You have an Eden Metro combo, and that alone is sufficient reason to cast disparaging looks at any self-induced misfortune.[/quote]

+1 many a jealous bass chatter would kill for an Eden Metro combo with custom channel switch pedal

[quote name='mrtcat' post='1353200' date='Aug 27 2011, 12:08 AM']Not an idiot at all. Now you have a pedal that no-one else has. Custom building is infinitely more satisfying than settling for "off the shelf mediocrity".[/quote]

It truly is a dire pedal :) it gave me something to do though as i say. What it needs though is FEET.

[quote name='mrtcat' post='1353203' date='Aug 27 2011, 12:11 AM']+1 many a jealous bass chatter would kill for an Eden Metro combo with custom channel switch pedal[/quote]

If they took pleasure in killing people then very possibly :)

Edited by EdwardHimself