Why become a member? ×

Bassix EUB - One of a kind! Now £200

Jebo1

[b]This has to go, so offers etc. Again, must collect from Bristol.[/b]

Hi all, I've got for sale here my one of a kind Bassix Electric Upright Bass. I believe it was built as a prototype by Bassix... Maybe you could give them a ring and ask!

I bought this from Eubassix last year I think, and have and lots of fun with it. It is what it looks like, a flying V electric upright bass! This bass looks amazing, and has always made people smile when I've played it out. However, I need to move to something rather more classy (hopefully Sibobs Shuker Upright, or an NS Upright).

The bass has a piezo pickup, which sounds great although doesn't kick out as much volume as you'd expect. I used to use it with a booster. The fretboard I believe is maple, and the body, well, I don't know!

The bass is a 3/4 length one (I think) and comes with a decent spike at the bottom so you can adjust it to the correct height for yourself. It's currently strung with some old strings, which would need to be replaced.

With a good set of strings, I reckon it would sound great, just like a Bassix should.

To be honest, this is a show offs bass, and is a lot of fun. I used to play Police tunes to my niece on it and she used to love it!

It's based in Bristol and due to its size, I can't post it. I think I paid around £350 for it, which I'd like to see back. Trades wise, hit me up with what you've got, but be aware, I don't drive so it's a collection job.

Be the envy of all of your friends with this one!

[b][/b][size=5]Now £200!!!![/size]

Edited by Jebo1

Aha!
It's my old Electric Upright!

Brilliant instrument, I just wasn't using it hence selling it on to meester Jebo.
I imagine it's pretty much a marmite instrument, but it plays and sounds real nice.

Oh, and it is a one-off and it was indeed built as a prototype, as a precursor to the compact headless uprights Bassix did a while back.

Have a bump on me bud!

Cheers,
Eude

Edited by eude

Eude, Eubassix - sounds pretty much the same to my aged (well 26) year old ears :-)

It's a brilliant looking thig. My dad was amazed by it, and wanted to learn to play it haha!

Cheers for the bump :-)

[quote name='eude' post='155197' date='Mar 11 2008, 11:33 AM']Aha!
It's my old Electric Upright!

Brilliant instrument, I just wasn't using it hence selling it on to meester Jebo.
I imagine it's pretty much a marmite instrument, but it plays and sounds real nice.

Oh, and it is a one-off and it was indeed built as a prototype, as a precursor to the compact headless uprights Bassix did a while back.

Have a bump on me bud!

Cheers,
Eude[/quote]

[quote name='Jebo1' post='156359' date='Mar 12 2008, 10:09 PM']For £350, it's mental but a cheap bit of fun!

Great stuff, you know you want it :~)

Will do it for £320 collected, man I love you guys![/quote]

Has to go, won't go under £300, but it's yours for that price...!

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...