Why become a member? ×

To sell or what to sell...

rolo79

Whether 'tis to sell the Rickenbacker 3001 or 4003 (Montezuma.)

I'm moving to Milan and really can't justify bringing 5 basses/guitars, 3 amps and an array of pedals. So one of the good basses must go.

Which would you sell and why?

I love the 4003 as it's so versatile but the 3001 is special, no longer in production and in great nick!

It's a toughie I can't work out!

Sell the one you're the least emotionally attached to. If the 4003 as an individual more special to you, keep it and sell the other. If you however love 4003's in general, then from a collectability perspective +1 on selling the 4003 and replacing it later on.

Edited by BB3000S

[quote name='rolo79' post='1315774' date='Jul 25 2011, 02:42 PM']Whether 'tis to sell the Rickenbacker 3001 or 4003 (Montezuma.)

I'm moving to Milan and really can't justify bringing 5 basses/guitars, 3 amps and an array of pedals. So one of the good basses must go.

Which would you sell and why?

I love the 4003 as it's so versatile but the 3001 is special, no longer in production and in great nick!

It's a toughie I can't work out![/quote]

From the above, I get two things:

1. You love the 4003.
2. The 3001 is a non-production model, and in good condition.

If you need to sell one of these, keep the one you love, and sell the non-production model.

Knowing nothing about Rics, surely a non-production model will also raise more cash as well?

I certainly am getting a Vespa! Anytime I've gone to Italy of late I've seen more and more Japanese/Korean scooters...but I'm a style over substance man :)

Like most people have said I thought: I can always get another 4003 if push comes to shove. So the 4003 Montezuma is the one for sale. As I said in the advert, it's the best sounding bass I've owned. Even better than other 4003s.

Thanks for the advice guys!

I may want it back if I end up starting a band in Milan! :)