Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

WANTED BASS PLAYERS CALLED JOHN

lautoledodo

I am a Mexican conceptual artist continuing a piece I started a few years ago in Birmingham... One day I discovered that 3 of my favourite bass players were called John (Entwistle, Paul Jones and Taylor), so I set myself the task of finding as many as I could and see if there was something that could be pinned down with those two coincidences.

I only found one bass player called John, and I set to work with him. Our collaboration was shown in Birmingham 2 years ago, and it is showing at the museum Sala de Arte Publico Siqueiros in Mexico city at the end of this month. Part of the exhibition is a music store inside the museum selling only music by bands with a bass player called John. The title of the piece is CORRESPONDENCE, the band of my collaborator is Duran Duran.

I NEED YOUR COLLABORATION!
If your name is John and you play bass in a band, I’d love to hear your music, and include it in my show, in the shop. Please contact me on [email protected]
If your music were to be selected, I would burn a cd, and sell it at a price we arrange, and send you the money. There is also a possibility to do a podcast wit Noiselab record label’s website, also in Mexico city.
Interested? Contact me ASAP, show opens on the 28th of july!!

[quote name='lautoledodo' post='1306288' date='Jul 16 2011, 11:21 PM']One day I discovered that 3 of my favourite bass players were called John (Entwistle, Paul Jones and Taylor), so I set myself the task of finding as many as I could and see if there was something that could be pinned down with those two coincidences.[/quote]
'John' was the most popular first name given to male babies between about 1940 and 1970. Law of averages. That might explain it.

Have a lovely project. :)