Why become a member? ×

Tuners that can handle 5/6 string

Cannibal

Morning,

Do any of you guys know of any stomp boxes that can handle low frequency responses? I can never get one to respond to the low B or a down tune to A.
Can the Boss TU-2 handle this?

Update: I currently have the Rocktron X-Tune... Stay away from it... pretty awful.

Thanks.

Edited by Cannibal

[quote name='RhysP' post='1305438' date='Jul 16 2011, 05:23 AM']Peterson Strobe tuner.
The best.[/quote]

From what i've read this looks to be the case. You can also easily buy a very good tuner for less than half the price though.

I've been looking recently and if my EUB doesn't sell I think I'm going to have to settle for the TC polytune. It's true bypass, unlike the TU2 and it looks solid as a rock and general good quality. I'd rather not pay extra for the polytune function, but it still looks a fair price.

[quote name='chrismuzz' post='1305446' date='Jul 16 2011, 07:35 AM']Korg Pitchblack does me fine and I tune down to A :)[/quote]

[quote name='mcnach' post='1306004' date='Jul 16 2011, 06:08 PM']+1[/quote]

And me. My earlier tuner - an Ibanez - couldn't handle anything below B. My Line 6 Toneport (computer soundcard) can't handle anything below Bb. I am very happy with my Pitchblack.

[quote name='Cannibal' post='1299974' date='Jul 11 2011, 03:02 PM']Thanks for the responses, I think I'll flog the Rocktron and get myself a decent chromatic tuner, the TC Polytune looks good, forsaking the poly tuning mode because of my down tuning.[/quote]

I have the TC polytune, and play 5 string (sometimes!) where all the strings are downtuned, so the lowest is A.

I have no problems, and you can also set the poly tuning mode down a couple of steps too, though this only works if you detune all the strings by the same amount, as I do.

However, poly mode rarely recognises the bottom string so for me it's only really useful to tune the other four. Still a great tuner though.