Why become a member? ×

Strata/Status ??

barneythedog

[quote name='barneythedog' post='147478' date='Feb 26 2008, 10:33 PM']No idea about this one, but interesting non the less

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/STRATA-BASS-GUITAR_W0QQitemZ140210959638QQihZ004QQcategoryZ4713QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem"]Strata/Status[/url][/quote]

Yep - it's what he says it is, Status was originally Strata - until Leo's Good Ol' Boys got annoyed & litigious about the first syllable... :) Anyway, there aren't very many of these around - especially not ones with "knecks".

Jon.

It's great , isn't it. Bet they're into fits over on www.statii.com

I wouldn't worry about stickers too much - they come off.

I had a vintage 60's Jazz that had been wasted with penknives and cig ends. The timeless phrase 'Your Mabel's m*nge box' was scratched deep into the front. Not much I could do to that beyond a value destroying re-finish so I sold it on for vast profit through V+R.

• 1 month later...

[quote name='doctor_of_the_bass' post='147750' date='Feb 27 2008, 02:43 PM']Allo!

Velly intellesting! There were only 16 `Stratas' ever made - I had #16 - said bass now resides in Switzerland with Andre! The particular example on Ebay was on sale a year or so ago - shame about the stickers!

N[/quote]

Indeed it does, and here she is :)

[quote name='doctor_of_the_bass' post='174221' date='Apr 10 2008, 11:05 PM']...awww! Nice to see the old girl again! Remember, take good care of my baby![/quote]

OY Nicko !!! I had her before you..... and after actually !! :)

LOL

Andre's taking good care of her i'm sure !!

Looks like Mr Prince got it then? :)

I think that bass has been on Ebay before, I definitely remember that amazing back wood. Last Strata I played was a fretless in the Bass Centre which had a badly warped neck. Nice piece of history though

[quote name='funkyhobbit' post='175464' date='Apr 12 2008, 11:30 PM']Had her before the lot of you, gave her a good gigging and introduced her to Mr King :).
But all credit goes to her real daddy, the late Al Webb who had her from new.[/quote]

Thanks for the info and the picture funkyhobbit! Is that when she was signed on the back ?
I'll look after her well !

Edited by andre