Why become a member? ×

iPad Fx Board

crez5150

Woh, that's really cool - I've seen a lot of people working on using Tablet PCs with hardware synths and workstations. The idea is brilliant and has already started me thinking about integrating a tablet in to my studio / bass rig somehow. I'm really pleased to see mainstream manufacturers catching on to the possibilities that tablets and other mobile devices can afford us as musicians.
It's really not doing my GASsing any good though, as I am trying to decide if I should have an iPad2 or an Android / Windows equivalent! Oh boy-o-boy!

[quote name='steve' post='1272810' date='Jun 17 2011, 02:54 PM']oh crap, just when I thought I couldn't find anything else to spend money on...

my only concern is whether I'd want to risk my ipad with the drunken-monkey footed punters we get at some of our gigs[/quote]

Indeed.... time for the cattle prod to be fixed to the end off the bass.....

[quote name='crez5150' post='1272815' date='Jun 17 2011, 02:58 PM']Indeed.... time for the cattle prod to be fixed to the end off the bass.....[/quote]

I'm not sure i always want to deter them if you see what I mean, just read some more and apparantly the unit will work without an ipad installed, you use the ipad to edit you're patches, this is sounding better and better, anyone know of a price for one?

[quote name='steve' post='1272911' date='Jun 17 2011, 04:25 PM']I'm not sure i always want to deter them if you see what I mean, just read some more and apparantly the unit will work without an ipad installed, you use the ipad to edit you're patches, this is sounding better and better, anyone know of a price for one?[/quote]

Woh! That sounds like a great idea! - I always thought that the Line 6 stuff was brilliant because you could plug a laptop in and configure it - so being able to disconnect the iPad totally is brilliant. I'm liking it more and more too!!

[quote name='dood' post='1272814' date='Jun 17 2011, 02:58 PM']Woh, that's really cool - I've seen a lot of people working on using Tablet PCs with hardware synths and workstations. The idea is brilliant and has already started me thinking about integrating a tablet in to my studio / bass rig somehow. I'm really pleased to see mainstream manufacturers catching on to the possibilities that tablets and other mobile devices can afford us as musicians.
It's really not doing my GASsing any good though, as I am trying to decide if I should have an iPad2 or an Android / Windows equivalent! Oh boy-o-boy![/quote]

I've always meant to try this sort of thing out.

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='bartelby' post='1273818' date='Jun 18 2011, 03:15 PM']I've always meant to try this sort of thing out.
[/quote]

Yes! I've seen that vid. A cool idea for effects junkies! Well iPad has arrived, it's only a matter of time before it is laden with guitar stuff!

Great product from Digitech - next step is to possibly open the idea out a bit more

...iphone docking ?
...different units with differing numbers of pedals/wahs.
...data stored on ipad rather than pedal - bringing costs down ?

and so on !