Why become a member? ×

SOLD Jack Casady Gold Top

Shaker

I got this about 3 years ago because I wanted a ‘non-Fender’ style bass as a counterpoint in looks and tone to my other stuff, and looked at a Guild B301, an Ovation Magnum and a Gibson Ripper.

I ended up choosing this Jack Casady. This may be the sexiest bass ever…it just looks so cool. It plays great as well.

[attachment=82268:DSC03333.JPG]

There is something about the gold top, half 335/half Les Paul body shape and the ‘varitone’ that I find really appealing. Tonally, it is full, but clanky (in a good way!), and remarkably flexible.

That said, I now realise that my life will be incomplete and fundamentally disappointed without a Ricky 4001. Hence the sale.

I have it strung with D’Addario Flats, and it has an amazingly low action. It has a couple of scratches by the bridge (see photo)

[attachment=82269:DSC03336.JPG]

It comes with a FREESTYLE rectangular Hard Case.

You are very welcome to collect in Kent or I will post at your cost.

Shaker

Edited by Shaker

[quote name='Shaker' post='1263986' date='Jun 10 2011, 02:53 PM']That said, I now realise that my life will be incomplete and fundamentally disappointed without a Ricky 4001. Hence the sale.[/quote]

I completely misread that and was just thinking how cool your wife must be to want a Ric so badly, and how nice a guy you are to be selling you Casady to pay for it!

Lovely bass mate, sure you'll have no trouble getting rid of it

C

[quote name='Beedster' post='1263994' date='Jun 10 2011, 03:00 PM']I completely misread that and was just thinking how cool your wife must be to want a Ric so badly, and how nice a guy you are to be selling you Casady to pay for it![/quote]

All true

She is cool :)

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='1264597' date='Jun 11 2011, 07:40 AM']Do you have an accurate weight and what is the balance like?[/quote]

According to the bathroom scales it is 3kg.

Balance-wise, like all Gibson types, especially hollow bodies, it has a little 'dive'...but nothing like a T-Bird, and a wide strap stops it for me.

Shaker