Why become a member? ×

I wish I was on tour!!!

LeftyBiskit

I have just spent a couple of hours scrolling through touring Band's riders on a certain website
www.thesmokinggun.com/backstage,It's probably been mentioned on here before,but it's worth another look.
Unbelievable the stuff people ask for,I found the Foo Fighters rider particularly funny,the Van Halen rider was another one that made me laugh.
Trev.

on tour? Glad i'm not. I'm currently enjoying being at home; a 9month old wee one and a slightly older one who's 4 on sunday. Plus the time off playing gives me chance to upgrade my pedalboard: bad GASattack this year. :)

[quote name='LeftyBiskit' post='1263460' date='Jun 9 2011, 11:56 PM']I have just spent a couple of hours scrolling through touring Band's riders on a certain website
www.thesmokinggun.com/backstage,It's probably been mentioned on here before,but it's worth another look.
Unbelievable the stuff people ask for,I found the Foo Fighters rider particularly funny,the Van Halen rider was another one that made me laugh.
Trev.[/quote]

The Stooges one is legendary (though for some reason I can't read it using Opera)

Also... these things must be agreed quite a while before the gig, right? What if you got there and decided that you didn't want the pizza you have on your rider, but actually want curry???

I can't even do a weekly shop because I can never tell what I'm going to want to eat one day in advance.

A few years ago my band did a University gig supporting The Stranglers.

Their rider included a case of a particular brand of mineral water and they were outraged to find that the wrong brand had been supplied by the venue. They refused to go on until the situation was rectified and a staff member was duly dispatched to buy the requested water.

They eventually went on over 2 hours late, the desired tipple having been delivered to the dressing room.

They left after their set and encores and, you guessed it, BOTH cases of mineral water remained unopened in the dressing room.

Pathetic IMHO. :)

Ha ha, i love it when bands / artistes have a sense of humour, and it also winds me up when bands take themselves too seriously.
On a very recent gig / festival Linkin park's security insisted that all crew and personnel cleared the stage before they went on and they weren't allowed within 100ft of the band.
Pathetic.

Also, on the clothes show live at the NEC a few years ago the sugababes performed / semi presented the main show.
They had who-knows how many hairdressers, make-up artists, stylists etc who took hours make sure they were pampered and happy with the way they looked before they went on stage.
The next day Charlotte Church presented / appeared on the same show and sent all of the beauticians / hairdressers / make-up artists away simply saying "i'm ok, i've brought my own brush".
Exactly the same gig, different attitude, same results.

[quote name='bluesparky' post='1268574' date='Jun 14 2011, 01:18 PM']Also, on the clothes show live at the NEC a few years ago the sugababes performed / semi presented the main show.
They had who-knows how many hairdressers, make-up artists, stylists etc who took hours make sure they were pampered and happy with the way they looked before they went on stage.
The next day Charlotte Church presented / appeared on the same show and sent all of the beauticians / hairdressers / make-up artists away simply saying "i'm ok, i've brought my own brush".
Exactly the same gig, different attitude, same results.[/quote]

I guess when you've got the talent you don't need all the frills and hangers on.

:)

Dave :)