Why become a member? ×

Warwick Thumb for sale - Back up for sale due to non-payer

madzombieguy

This REALLY grinds my gears. I appreciate the poor would-be buyer advising the rest of the Basschat fraternity (and Sorority, Mrs T!) of the problems he encountered.

A quick note - Seller joined 22nd Feb 08. For sale ad posted 22nd Feb 08....

Edited by Mike

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='184681' date='Apr 24 2008, 05:36 PM']I have to admit you seem to be taking it a fair bit calmer than I would... :)[/quote]

+1!

Wondering if we're going to hear some kind of an excuse from madzombieguy. :huh:

Hi there.

I do admit to offering the bass for £600, however, another buyer offered me £750. The possible buyer last night and his son were both fantastic people and I felt dissapointed not to offer this bass to them.
On the other hand, whether it be a quick sale or not, I would rather wait the extra few weeks to collect the £750 on the 2nd buyers behalf. I did mention this on the phone to the buyers last night before arrival and had they decided not to take me up on the offer, would not have had to drive the 100 mile round journey.
I am certain anyone would agree that waiting a few weeks for the extra £150 would be worth the wait, especially considering I am a student. £150 to me is more than a 3rd of my monthly pay, it means alot to me.

:)

Paul

Edited by madzombieguy

It's still advertised at £600? Put it on hold or withdraw it maybe if you have a buyer lined up with £750?

I can definitely relate to the financial woes of being a student but as soon as you had your buyer lined up at £750 you should have put the bass on hold and told the guy on the phone that it’s sold pending payment and it’s a wasted trip.

That’s my 2 pence worth anyways.

[quote name='benwhiteuk' post='185077' date='Apr 25 2008, 09:26 AM']It's still advertised at £600? Put it on hold or withdraw it maybe if you have a buyer lined up with £750?

I can definitely relate to the financial woes of being a student but as soon as you had your buyer lined up at £750 you should have put the bass on hold and told the guy on the phone that it’s sold pending payment and it’s a wasted trip.

That’s my 2 pence worth anyways.[/quote]

+1.
You should mark this as 'sale pending' and withdraw the £600 price you have advertised.

We can agree to differ on this one. I was told by the seller that he had been offered £750 by another buyer but that the offer was 3 1/2 weeks ago and he had heard nothing since. I did say I was offering £600 but wanted to see it first. The seller did not indicate to me that I would be wasting my time. Well whats done is done, I just think that the asking price should be changed to the £750 and then there will be no misunderstandings for anyone else.
We were all students once.

Thanks for the support from the forum, Im sure I will find something else.

MB1. :)
I hope he gave you your Travel Expenses,i would not have been as calm, had this been me!(i would have had to travel a lot further though!).The bass should now be marked as SOLD and taken off the for sale forum.

• 1 month later...

Well, it seems to be all too common recently for me to try selling things and turn out with non paying buyers. This also happened with an mp3 player recently.

The guy that had planned on buying the Warwick for £750, messed me around for ages, and yesterday announced that he was no longer 'able to commit'.

This said, my bad boy 4-string thumb is now back on sale. Not looking to mess around anymore, I'm asking [b]£600[/b], [u]no offers [/u]and please, [u]no time wasters[/u]. I unfortunately wasted weeted's time and money on here due to this non payer, so serious buyers only please.
The bass comes with the original Warwick RokTex bag, and a mostly full pot of wax. As you can see, and as weeted can testify, the condiiton is mint.

Collection preferred, to save us both money and hassle. If you are looking for delivery please remember that it is not cheap!
I am based in Dundee, Scotland.

Paul :)

Edited by madzombieguy

good luck with this, i cant see many people rushing to your house after what happened with that poor guy and his son

what if someone arranges to come and try the bass tomorrow, and the following morning just before they turn up the £750 guy calls you again saying he will take it for sure, you gunna do the same thing again?? alot of trust has been lost here im afraid matey

[quote name='BassManKev' post='207249' date='May 27 2008, 02:23 PM']good luck with this, i cant see many people rushing to your house after what happened with that poor guy and his son

what if someone arranges to come and try the bass tomorrow, and the following morning just before they turn up the £750 guy calls you again saying he will take it for sure, you gunna do the same thing again?? alot of trust has been lost here im afraid matey[/quote]

MB1. :)
+1 Kev....At least now he now knows, what it feels like to be let down!

[quote name='steve-soar' post='207397' date='May 27 2008, 05:26 PM']And I am totally fed up with hearing how hard up students are. There is a thing that happens in between the time you go on Basschat and go to sleep and it's called work, try it one day.[/quote]

That’s a nice bit of generalisation there – not all students are slackers :)

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='207500' date='May 27 2008, 07:50 PM']:) Was what comment deleted? :huh:[/quote]
See speech box referred to in Benwhiteuk's comment at 5:28 - looks like the PC police have been in

[quote name='Clarky' post='207505' date='May 27 2008, 07:53 PM']See speech box referred to in Benwhiteuk's comment at 5:28 - looks like the PC police have been in[/quote]

I'm saying nowt :) ... I'm not even a student and I'm guilty as charged :huh:

[quote name='Clarky' post='207505' date='May 27 2008, 07:53 PM']looks like the PC police have been in[/quote]

Damn, they must have sneaked in on a covert operation with the intent to confuse everyone. I was only trying to have a laugh? No offence or rant of any kind intended, technically I’m not a student anymore so I don’t really feel too obliged to stand up for undergraduate slackers any longer :)

[quote name='BassManKev' post='207660' date='May 27 2008, 10:33 PM']try doin a forensics degree, only thing slack is your trousers around your waist from the weight uv lost due to stress :)[/quote]

That sounds like a heavy subject, (and I’m guessing it’s what you’re doing) so good luck with it. My better half is doing a post-grad in counselling and something else (I don’t really pay too much attention). I’m planning on being a man (muso) of leisure when in 10 years time she’s got her own practise and is raking in 200k :huh:

yup, isnt great, and iv f***ed up most of my 2nd year exams, which means a busy resit august by the sounds of things, interesting stuff like by very difficult in places

Some people dont seem to realise that students are not all slackers. If that idiot even knew me, he would know that I work as much as I can, hence the comment I made earlier in this thread about £150 being a chunk of my 'pay'.

Clown...

[quote name='BassManKev' post='207249' date='May 27 2008, 02:23 PM']what if someone arranges to come and try the bass tomorrow, and the following morning just before they turn up the £750 guy calls you again saying he will take it for sure, you gunna do the same thing again??[/quote]

Nah mate, that guy has lost out completely. I'm happy to let the bass go for £600. I gave the guy the benefit of the doubt, but i'm fed up of being messed around by him. If it had not been for him and his time wasting, I would have most certainly sold the bass to weeted that night.

Edited by madzombieguy

Regardless of my views of your previous dealings/shennanigans with regard to the price of your bass, I've always thought you'd have been lucky to get £600 for a BO Thumb any way. Just an opinion but I'd consider eating humble pie and offering it to 'weeted' at a discount of at least the cost of his fuel (x2 if he has to come back to collect)!