Why become a member? ×

Wal MKI fretless FS SOLD

wombatboter

This is a MK I fretless from 1987 number W2977
Although I'm really pleased with the sound I do prefer a fretless with dots inbetween the lines (like on a fretted bass).
I don't want to modify anything about this bass and I find myself sliding into wrong places (especially in the high register) because of the dots which are on the lines. Having a luthier change the place of the dots is not really an option I'm fond of.
I know that fretless Pro Wal basses have the dots on the normal place so I would be interested in a trade + some extra cash (from the buyer :-)).
Sorry but not really interested in other trades..Price I'm asking is 2350 euros.
It comes with a flightcase made in High Wycombe and it can be picked up in the Brussels area or it can be shipped (the flightcase could make it more expensive to send). If possible I would prefer a local pick-up but I know that's not the easiest thing to do.
The bass is currently strung with flatwounds, has a great tone imo and has all the ingredients that a Wal bass has to have..
Feel free to email me for more info or pictures which you would like to see..
Some pictures and a small YT-thing (sorry that I forgot my stockings) which gives an impression of the sound (says more than writing about it) :
Thanks for looking
Geert

Thats a beautiful (and great sounding) bass and, at just over 2k sterling, a [b]very [/b] good price for a Mk1 fretless in a desirable wood top - I recently paid (ahem) rather more for my Mk 1 fretless :) I expect this one to fly out the door!