Why become a member? ×

SOLD: EMG Epiphone Les Paul Standard bass

neepheid

For sale is my Epiphone Les Paul Standard with quite a few enhancements. The main one being the guts - 2x EMG-HB pickups and an EMG-BQC 3 band EQ with mid sweep. There has been a pickup selector switch fitted in the usual Les Paul position (the stock model never had this) and finished off with some tasteful John East knobs.

Pics here:

The evolution of the bass (and the usual embarrassing vow never to sell it) can be seen here: [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=40217"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=40217[/url]

There are a couple of dings in the body (not of my making, grr!) which I will photograph in due course in the spirit of full disclosure.

I'd like £300 + postage (£20) for this. The price is firm. Without wishing to seem defensive, the EMG gubbins would cost nearly £250 at Thomann. Modding's a mug's game :) I will also supply it with a Mono strap (essential for keeping neck dive at bay) and a gig bag. It was photographed with TI Jazz flats on it but it is currently strung with some (I think) Ernie Ball roundwounds.

Cat not included, sorry. I'm not looking for any trades, sale only.

Edited by neepheid

Still available. Ding closeups as promised:

1) On top edge as you wear the bass. I had a go at filling one of them but it didn't work out (it's filled, but far from invisible)

2) Several small dings on rear of body

3) One on the underside of the neck between the first and second frets. It's near the fingerboard so you probably won't feel it when you're playing.

4) One in the front near the selector switch

Only the ones on the top edge I would consider to be deep and substantial, none of them are through to the wood. But I've blown them all up so that no-one is disappointed or feel they have been misled.

Edited by neepheid

[quote name='jwlkr' post='1258218' date='Jun 6 2011, 11:14 AM']im so sad about not havin any money at all. the amount of time iv spent looking to a les paul bass :)
(not the flattop ones)
but have a bump from me[/quote]

These are the bollocks. The 'Special' model that you get now is nowhere near the quality of this.

This is a solid, well made bass. Even in standard form its f***ing scary how good it is. I can only imagine how good it is with the EMGs and active EQ.

[quote name='Delberthot' post='1261927' date='Jun 8 2011, 09:41 PM']These are the bollocks. The 'Special' model that you get now is nowhere near the quality of this.

This is a solid, well made bass. Even in standard form its f***ing scary how good it is. I can only imagine how good it is with the EMGs and active EQ.[/quote]
thanks for tell me that :) make me want one more , as if thats posible.
if anyone wants to trade one give me a shout.

Right, it's "bad cop" time.

OK folks, here's the deal. It seems that it's extra hard to sell a modded bass at the moment. If this doesn't sell soon then I will remove the EMG goodies and bust it down to a passive bass with a commensurate price reduction. If you want the EMG goodness in a Les Paul bass that doesn't cost the earth then speak up or forever hold your peace.

In the absence of objections, I will likely take this step at the end of next week.

[quote name='neepheid' post='1271115' date='Jun 16 2011, 10:14 AM']Right, it's "bad cop" time.

OK folks, here's the deal. It seems that it's extra hard to sell a modded bass at the moment. If this doesn't sell soon then I will remove the EMG goodies and bust it down to a passive bass with a commensurate price reduction. If you want the EMG goodness in a Les Paul bass that doesn't cost the earth then speak up or forever hold your peace.

In the absence of objections, I will likely take this step at the end of next week.[/quote]
Do it Matt. Get some sweet humbucking rails in and sell the EMGs separately :) ..... unless of course someone buys it with the EMG still in before you get the chance.

BTW folks he's actually a "good cop" ie a great guy to deal with.