Why become a member? ×

SOLD: EMG Epiphone Les Paul Standard bass

neepheid

[quote name='kolossusuk' post='1272666' date='Jun 17 2011, 01:00 PM']Is this a Chinese epi excluding the mods of course, which are very nice!!

I am using a '91 gibson LP 5 string active bass and am considering a 4 string version too[/quote]

No, it is a Korean Epiphone, made by Un-Sung Musical Instrument Co. in their Incheon facility in April 2004, production number 3658, fact fans :)

[quote name='neepheid' post='1272679' date='Jun 17 2011, 01:08 PM']No, it is a Korean Epiphone, made by Un-Sung Musical Instrument Co. in their Incheon facility in April 2004, production number 3658, fact fans :)[/quote]

Thanks for the response - any idea of the woods used and what are the tuners and how heavy is it?

I am sorely tempted....

[quote name='kolossusuk' post='1275380' date='Jun 19 2011, 11:11 PM']Thanks for the response - any idea of the woods used and what are the tuners and how heavy is it?

I am sorely tempted....[/quote]

I have heard that the body is alder and the neck is maple, but not from any official sources, sorry. The tuners are not branded and appear to be similar to Gotoh GB7. Will have to get back to you on the weight - it's currently packed up in anticipation of having to post it. I'll unpack it tomorrow and get it weighed.

[quote name='neepheid' post='1276732' date='Jun 21 2011, 10:02 AM']"Not as heavy as a Gibson Victory" bump[/quote]

Scientists currently believe there's a Gibson Victory at the heart of our galaxy. You can't see it, however, as not even light can escape it's weighty grasp.

Also: bump :)