Why become a member? ×

Your opinions wanted - UPDATED NEW PICS

I am not excane

Now that I have acquired both of these basses (which are incredible) I took some photos of them together in the same light. I'm interested to see if this changes anyone's mind from the last thread I had.

[b]Which bass do you prefer in terms of looks?[/b]
(They are both identical except for the finish)

Edited by I am not excane

The red is a touch too pink for my liking, and not a fan of the shade so much, though the figuring of the quilt on the red bass is a fair bit nicer.,
However, I voted blue/green cos it looks the best overall (no one can see figuring from a distance or when playing a bass anyway) and is a bit more uncommon looking!

[quote name='Monckyman' post='1249806' date='May 29 2011, 06:49 PM']Still both hugleee.
Edit.
Just been told I`m a horrible nasty man by my partner for being rude.
So apologies. :)
Just not my thing.[/quote]

No apologies necessary! I'm probably the first person to speak my mind and will tell someone if I think a bass is awful.

Just curious.... what finish on basses do you like? Solid colors? Natural wood, etc. ?

[quote name='EskimoBassist' post='1257414' date='Jun 5 2011, 10:56 AM']I imagine that if I was playing the blue one then I would have to have a Chorus pedal turned on - as if I was rocking out under the sea![/quote]

My Dr. Scientist Cosmichorus has been turned on quite a number of times with that bass just like you said :)

[quote name='I am not excane' date='May 28 2011, 12:40 AM' post='1247797']
Now that I have acquired both of these basses (which are incredible) I took some photos of them together in the same light. I'm interested to see if this changes anyone's mind from the last thread I had.

[b]Which bass do you prefer in terms of looks?[/b]
(They are both identical except for the finish)

I prefer the quilt pattern/grain in the timber top on the Red one . . . . . . the quilt looks a little more pronounced ?

But I prefer the colour of the Blue/Green one . . . . .

Option paralysis wins . . . . . !

:) :)