Why become a member? ×

New,ish Fender Jazz on the way.. Audere pre installed..PICS WOW

bubinga5

Got a Jazz on the way from a great BC,er.. i really love the colour,... but wanted your guys/girls thoughts, and guess's on what model it is.... Its a Fender obviously.... but can you guess what model it is, where it was made, in what year.. and what colour...? ..

this will take the most expert of Fender experts to fathem.. oh i do love love a good quiz..!!

Edited by bubinga5

There was one on Ebay that looked very much like this, MIJ, and think it was being described as sonic blue, though the poster did admit it was far more like surf green.

Whatever though, that is a cracking bass, I`m very envious - as am going through my twice-yearly "I want a Jazz" phase.

[quote name='Prime_BASS' post='1229704' date='May 13 2011, 10:03 AM']So it's early 90s, a MIJ and seafoam green/surf green.

My guess would be a 62reissue. The strip towards the bridge and bridge pickup along with the screw hole above the neck pickup gives it away plus the pickups definatly look 60s spacing.[/quote]
I'd agree it's probably a JB62 reissue, presumably non-export given the colour?

Whatever, it's very nice, [i]very [/i]nice indeed! :)

[quote name='Prime_BASS' post='1229704' date='May 13 2011, 10:03 AM']So it's early 90s, a MIJ and seafoam green/surf green.

My guess would be a 62reissue. The strip towards the bridge and bridge pickup along with the screw hole above the neck pickup gives it away plus the pickups definatly look 60s spacing.[/quote]

Yup!

[quote name='risingson' post='1229773' date='May 13 2011, 10:57 AM']I very nearly almost bought the very same bass a few months ago from 4 Candles but was left in a bit of a financial pickle in the end. I've got to say, after Daphne/Sonic Blue, Surf Green is my favourite old Fender Finish[/quote]

Do they not do these finishes on any of the standard/current models?

[quote name='bubinga5' post='1231112' date='May 14 2011, 05:13 PM']Yeah that would be nice.. or maybe ever tort, but thats alot of colours going on.[/quote]
Lovely looking bass mate - go for the tort on it, i've got a tort on my LPBlue jazz...well psychedelic maaaaaan :)

They'd probably shift more if they did colours people want. Or is it just us bassists like like surf green, sonic blue and corel red?

I was really disappointed to find that EBMM had stopped doing those colours on the classics in favour of colours that look more like baby sick or Jewish racing gold.

Got it this morning...Very cool bass and very well made..Easily as good as any USA model ive owned..feels very solid...Also resonates really really well, very much like my old CS Jazz...

What i love is the lack of routing under the pickguard!!! also you cant really see in the pics but under pickguard you can see the original colour, which is more green.. the body has faded to a mint green/blue..(why do i love that so much)?? The neck has gone real amber compared to the original colour in the neck pocket.. its in great conditon for a 21+ year old bass

Really like the stock tone.. Then i put the Audere in to the bass, and f*** me!!! ....Although this pre doesnt add any colour to the tone, it certainly puts the Super, in Super Jazz.. Really flexible preamp, and i love the Z Modes.. i have found it much more intuitive than the John East Deluxe Jazz unit.. But i think thats maybe a bit more comprehensive

it really sounds quality and makes me want to play more.. i think thats what a good pre is all about... im amazed what a good pre like this can do for a Jazz Bass

excuse the ramblings

Edited by bubinga5

I wanted to stay as close to the original as poss but ive obviously blown that one, but yeah a pearl would be nice.. or maybe a tort..lots of colour that though..

ha there was me banging on about pointless threads on Talk Bass.. :)

this is different

Edited by bubinga5

[quote name='bubinga5' post='1233622' date='May 16 2011, 08:58 PM']I wanted to stay as close to the original as poss but ive obviously blown that one, but yeah a pearl would be nice.. or maybe a tort..lots of colour that though..

ha there was me banging on about pointless threads on Talk Bass.. :)[/quote]
Time to start a poll, B5 :)

PS, very nice bass - I have a similar one looks-wise in my Bacchus 62J

[attachment=80137:P1040209.JPG]