Why become a member? ×

Which amp? Ashdown EB 180 or Five-Fifteen minirig?

Cyrene

the original minirig (2 1x10 cabs) was my first proper bass amp. i dont think it'd be up to gigging. i used it for my first gig, a tiny pub with about 50 max capacity and it couldn't really hold its own there against a little line6 and marshall combo. out of the two, the eb180 15" would fair best in a gig situation.... but for the money could could probably get a cheap rig off here which'll do alot better.

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='1216909' date='May 1 2011, 09:17 PM']The EB felt like a real bass combo.[/quote]

I really loved my EB (12"). Kind of regret getting rid of it but storage space and needs change.

I love my EB180-12 big time. Home practise, small gigs, rehearsals, jams are all within its capabilities. Okay, its a long (very long) way from hi-fi, but for the price it's great (doubly so at the price they routinely pop up in BC for sales for)

[quote name='Moos3h' post='1217700' date='May 2 2011, 04:18 PM']The EB if you must, but I'd go for a second hand MAG 300 - more power and sounds better, easily had for c£200[/quote]

Hey Cyrene, what did you get?

I've got the EB 180 EvoII 12", MAG300H and MAG600H Evo II, all sound very similar ( same pre amp) and good. The 12" combo with an extension cab is a great pub gig set up.

BTW this was the combo that turned me to 12's, I've now got a couple of Bergs and a couple of DIY neo 12 cabs, they're the future!!! (for me).

Edited by Sparky Mark

I've got an early EB 15" combo 130w with an uprated 300w speaker in it (i destroyed the 1st one playing muse songs when i was about 21!), which i use for practice sessions and the occasional small gig. It's a cracking little amp, owes me nothing (think it was £300 new with a 5 year warranty!). In fact, I've just put it in the car cos I'm using it this afternoon. :)

[quote name='Sparky Mark' post='1224000' date='May 8 2011, 11:37 AM']Hey Cyrene, what did you get?

I've got the EB 180 EvoII 12", MAG300H and MAG600H Evo II, all sound very similar ( same pre amp) and good. The 12" combo with an extension cab is a great pub gig set up.

BTW this was the combo that turned me to 12's, I've now got a couple of Bergs and a couple of DIY neo 12 cabs, they're the future!!! (for me).[/quote]

Hi. The Mag 300 but an older one, not the EVO II, doesn't have the compressor. it's in mint condition like. The sale of my LD150 paid for it!