Why become a member? ×

Two cabs are about as loud as one

waynepunkdude

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='1215114' date='Apr 29 2011, 06:12 PM']...I quote 'sh*t is falling off of my shelves."...[/quote]
There are better places for storing 'sh*t' than shelves (personally I've given up collecting the stuff; smells bad after a while...).

Yep, with my old set-up of Ampeg cabs, using the 410 on its own sounded good, but adding the 210 just made the sound sooooo much bigger.

Unfortunately, my back couldn`t deal with them, so its a single light-ish 410 for me from now on.

[quote name='Bankai' post='1216010' date='Apr 30 2011, 06:09 PM']Has anyone been tempted to use all their heads and cabs to create some mammoth wall of sound,[i] and[/i] try it at home?[/quote]

Yes, and yes!

My neighbours complained, apparently........ :)

I used ear plugs and was still blown away by the shear volume.

I used the Marshall full rig and the line out through my PA.

My friend who lives 6 doors away says he also could hear it with clarity!

Rock & Roll :)

[quote name='Bankai' post='1216010' date='Apr 30 2011, 06:09 PM']Has anyone been tempted to use all their heads and cabs to create some mammoth wall of sound,[i] and[/i] try it at home?[/quote]

Hell yes.Technically,they weren't all mine,but a 600w poweramp through two 1 x 18" cabs bi amped from a 400w Peavey mk.6 through two 1x15"s made a lovely noise. Fortunately I live in a detached house.