Why become a member? ×

Do They Exist ?

Bloc Riff Nut

Hi guys,

I'm playing a 300w valve head(V6) through a 4x10 cab(EBS Classic Line) rated at 4 Ohms. The Trace head is switchable between 4 and 2 Ohms. Ideally I want to extend the set up with 12x2 0r a 1x15 at 4 Ohms (maybe even a 10x2). EBS dont do a Classic Line 12 or 15 at 4 Ohms so I might have to change brand/make completely. My first choice would be Trace but I can''t find any 12'' or 15'' stuff rated at 4 Ohms.

Any ideas? for a 10x4 + (12x2 or 15x1) all cabs rated at 4 Ohms. Weight and price (within reasonable limits) are of no concern. Space however is, there's only so much you can fit into a Fiat Punto :) :)

By [url="http://profile.imageshack.us/user/blocriffnut"]blocriffnut[/url] at 2011-04-15

Edited by Bloc Riff Nut

[quote name='Bloc Riff Nut' post='1200252' date='Apr 15 2011, 08:42 AM']Hi guys,

I'm playing a 300w valve head(V6) through a 4x10 cab(EBS Classic Line) rated at 4 Ohms. The Trace head is switchable between 4 and 2 Ohms. Ideally I want to extend the set up with 12x2 0r a 1x15 at 4 Ohms (maybe even a 10x2). EBS dont do a Classic Line 12 or 15 at 4 Ohms so I might have to change brand/make completely. My first choice would be Trace but I can''t find any 12'' or 15'' stuff rated at 4 Ohms.

Any ideas? for a 10x4 + (12x2 or 15x1) all cabs rated at 4 Ohms. Weight and price (within reasonable limits) are of no concern. Space however is, there's only so much you can fit into a Fiat Punto :) :lol:

By [url="http://profile.imageshack.us/user/blocriffnut"]blocriffnut[/url] at 2011-04-15[/quote]

What about 2 Barefaced Super Twelve Ts?

Light, smallish and run at 4 Ohm thus giving you the minimum 2 Ohms.

Expensive but total DOOM.

:)

I would get an 8 ohm 210, which would give you the extra cone area to give more volume and a bigger tone. You should be able to find an EBS cab and the 210 might be an easier fit in your car. That rig would run at 2.7 ohm and all speakers would be balanced; ie each speaker would get the same volume from the amp.

[quote name='Bloc Riff Nut' post='1200252' date='Apr 15 2011, 08:42 AM']EBS dont do a Classic Line 12 or 15 at 4 Ohms so I might have to change brand/make completely.[/quote]

Maybe I'm looking at a different EBS web site to you, but the one I can see has a Classic Line 2x12 at 4 Ohms.

However, mixing cabs with different drivers is not guaranteed to give the results you expect and IMHO you would be better off to buy a second 4x10 .

[quote name='Bloc Riff Nut' post='1200309' date='Apr 15 2011, 09:36 AM']I'm looking to buy secondhand and barefaced rarely see more than 1 owner, we all know why.[/quote]

They do come up on the used market (as my Vintage did) but not often, and they tend to get snapped up pretty quickly...

[quote name='pete.young' post='1200403' date='Apr 15 2011, 09:49 AM']Maybe I'm looking at a different EBS web site to you, but the one I can see has a Classic Line 2x12 at 4 Ohms.

However, mixing cabs with different drivers is not guaranteed to give the results you expect and IMHO you would be better off to buy a second 4x10 .[/quote]
You were indeed looking at the same site, you were just looking better. I simply did a 'man scan'. oops.

Oh, I just read a few mixing drivers threads, A BAD IDEA!

So I'm gonna stick with the 10x4 and wait for a Barefaced Super 12 to rear its lovely head.

Thanks for removing that stupid idea from my head :)

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' post='1201099' date='Apr 15 2011, 07:39 PM']My Genz Neox 2x12T is 600watt 4 ohm, 2 of them with a head that will take 2 ohm would be very tasty and impressive looking! :)[/quote]

...and I have one for sale in the 'Amps for sale' forum :)

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=128890"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=128890[/url]

Edited by cetera

I'll take your challenge sir :)

The Punto boot is 127cm long with the back seats folded and 103cm wide. The 1524 is about 94cm long by 61cm wide by about 40 deep.

This should mean that you could get 2 cabs lengthwise on their sides with enough room for the amp and 4052Hs down one side. Plus the car would be scraping along the ground, that is of course if the suspension hadn;t completely given up.

When I had my Punto I had a Trace 1153, Peavey 4x10", 8u rack, 2 basses, another 3u rack for my bass amp and a huge holdall for my cables.