Why become a member? ×

Hi from Norwich!

Matt_Arlita

Hey guys. Been lurking on the forum for the last couple of weeks but now it's time to get involved in discussions a bit more I feel!

I'm 21 and have been playing for around 10 years now. Played in various bands in the area but currently without due to working stupid antisocial hours (friday and saturday nights...best I could get at the moment)

Main gear is a 2006 Rickenbacker 4003 in Jetglo > MXR Bass D.I.+ > Ampeg SVT450H > Ampeg SVT610HLF.

Currently trying to sell the 610 in favour of something smaller and lighter...can't justify having the giant fridge at the moment. Nobody's biting yet though...might have to keep it after all :)

Looking forward to getting involved :)

-Matt

Hey Matt! Welcome aboard chap! - I'm a fellow Norwich-ite too - feel free to add me on ma facebook n' the like. Nice rig by the way - 'Stag' on the forum, another fine bass player from 'our fine city' is looking at 4003's at the moment, so I'm in no doubt he'll want to have a chat with you!

Cool, speak soon!

Dooooooooooooooooooooooood

Hello good sir! As Dood said, im also a denizen of these Naaaarfolk parts!

It appears we have fairly similar gear tastes (see my sig! haha). I hear you on wanting to possibly get another cab, the 610 isnt the smallest thing in the world.... not many places in Norwich where you really need all that oomph either.

My advice? Get a smaller rig AS WELL

:) eheh

[quote name='Matt_Arlita' post='1180952' date='Mar 29 2011, 03:59 PM']Cheers guys!

Just 'Liked' you on Facebook Dood. I also recognise you from Norwich Darkside (complete ghost town at the moment!)[/quote]

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh yup! thas me! :))

It's always fun to see people's faces when I roll up to the gig with it! You're right about the lack of places to open her up...I think the only time I had it on anywhere near to full was when we played the Waterfront once.

Thinking of going the Orange Bass Terror route and a 4x10/1x15 rig I can split for rehearsals/smaller gigs, and take the full thing to any bigger gigs that might come along.

The Ampeg fridge is awesome but a pain in the arse to shift about.

Hi bass chatters!
I finally turned up several weeks after Dood gave me his card. World domination in photography has taken up my time.
I'm fromBristol and I play a Hohner B2 active cricket bat Steinberger type bass, with stainless steel strings cos I'm allergic to Nickel. I also have a 5 string and a fretless.

[quote name='BassPhoto' post='1183193' date='Mar 31 2011, 12:14 PM']Hi bass chatters!
I finally turned up several weeks after Dood gave me his card. World domination in photography has taken up my time.
I'm fromBristol and I play a Hohner B2 active cricket bat Steinberger type bass, with stainless steel strings cos I'm allergic to Nickel. I also have a 5 string and a fretless.[/quote]

Hey!! Welcome aboard too! - OOohhh I like the B2 basses! - I've just stopped myself from buying a DB version off ebay! - I totally don't need another bass, but I nearly got bitten by the bug to have one!!

[quote name='dood' post='1183578' date='Mar 31 2011, 05:17 PM']Hey!! Welcome aboard too! - OOohhh I like the B2 basses! - I've just stopped myself from buying a DB version off ebay! - I totally don't need another bass, but I nearly got bitten by the bug to have one!![/quote]

Yeah but others probably told you that model is too old ;-)
I say go for what you want ...
Gear Acquisiton Syndrome: we all suffer from it. I really want a four string bass Tanglewood or similar x