Why become a member? ×

Ricky GAS!!

wesfinn

I think that you should read Geddy Lee`s opinions on his Rickenbacker in this months BGM. Might change your mind but it might not. :)

If I had the dosh, I would buy one. Never liked em for a long time but now I think that they look cool as fluck!!

Good interview as well.

Jez

Edited by jezzaboy

guys look,
this is really simple.. if you can afford one then have the affair, dont be afrad to come out to all the family, and tell them you are in love with another . If it doesnt work out, dont worry ,you have been there and had the experience good or bad. If it does work out ,then you will be a happy adulterous s**t for the rest of your life. If you cant afford it then there are magazines you can buy with a box of tissues at the newsagents... :)
Seroiusly though, i have been fortunate to find the one i really lusted after and it plays beutifully and sounds great and i can get all the tones i need out of it. Whatsmore it gets gigged and not left under the bed to tick the box that says " i own a Rickenbacker bass"
hope this doesnt offend anybody
regards
Keith M

[quote name='wesfinn' post='1177545' date='Mar 26 2011, 07:27 PM']I have a massive want for a rickenbacker 4003! It happens every year...I just know deep down I wouldn't use it! Or would I...............?[/quote]

I bought one used, and sold it a year later, only lost £50, so it was worth it

I always wanted one, but once I had it, I still reached for a Fender P, so I passed it on, but won't rule out owning one again in the future

If you can afford to turn some cash into a used bass, then you'll get most if not all your dosh back should you wish to, just buy sensibly