Why become a member? ×

Squier CV 50's P in butterscotch blonde?

dave_bass5

[quote name='dave_bass5' post='1177162' date='Mar 26 2011, 12:57 PM']I think its obvious that the text isn'tisnt talking about this specificific bass so you could be right, but there has been a lot of talk about this on TB and apparently Musicians friend might also have put this pictureprematurelyerly as they have done it before.

Time will tell.[/quote]

To be honest I really hope so because I like that bass and would be well up for owning one... I was at one point contemplating buying a LPB and getting it re finished, but thats silly expensive!! :)

[quote name='phatkat' post='1179923' date='Mar 28 2011, 07:51 PM']To be honest I really hope so because I like that bass and would be well up for owning one... I was at one point contemplating buying a LPB and getting it re finished, but thats silly expensive!! :)[/quote]

Hope is nothing to do with it PK, just a little patience (think June was mentioned?), i've seen the press release.

[quote name='AndyTravis' post='1179961' date='Mar 28 2011, 08:20 PM']Hope is nothing to do with it PK, just a little patience (think June was mentioned?), i've seen the press release.[/quote]

If you lie.... i will find you.... and oh how you will suffer... :)

[quote name='AndyTravis' post='1179961' date='Mar 28 2011, 08:20 PM']Hope is nothing to do with it PK, just a little patience (think June was mentioned?), i've seen the press release.[/quote]

I really should have blocked you.

You are costing me a lot of money! :)

Those look really nice and the sound of those basses is something I've been warming up to in the past year... I will find it very hard to resist trying those '51 P-basses... meaning that I will probably buy one in the end...

[quote name='Musicman20' post='1178986' date='Mar 27 2011, 11:34 PM']I'd be quite tempted by a Matt Freeman P Bass.[/quote]

Only seen a small pic, but it looks great. Having said that, I am partial to a black/black/maple p-bass. I think it's going to be more like a CV than a VM with the high mass bridge and gloss neck. Probably going to be around £400 though.

[quote name='danhkr' post='1181899' date='Mar 30 2011, 09:57 AM']Only seen a small pic, but it looks great. Having said that, I am partial to a black/black/maple p-bass. I think it's going to be more like a CV than a VM with the high mass bridge and gloss neck. Probably going to be around £400 though.[/quote]

If Squier brought out a Black/black/maple CV P i would definitely buy one. Ive not played a VM but im sticking with the CV's due to the vintage frets.

[quote name='dave_bass5' post='1181911' date='Mar 30 2011, 10:12 AM']If Squier brought out a Black/black/maple CV P i would definitely buy one. Ive not played a VM but im sticking with the CV's due to the vintage frets.[/quote]

Well if you can stand Matt Freeman's signature on the headstock - it's happening :)

The VM stuff is great, but they still feel like Squiers to me, whereas the CV stuff is a bit special and probably not bettered by anything Fender make below their MIM Classic series. Just my opinion of course.

Edited by danhkr

[quote name='danhkr' post='1181923' date='Mar 30 2011, 10:18 AM']Well if you can stand Matt Freeman's signature on the headstock - it's happening :)[/quote]

Fantastic. I dont really know Matt Freeman but as long as its close to a standard P with vintage frets i'll get one. I guess it makes sense if its based on a 77 P. That would mean there is a CV P for each decade.

Ive already got the Fender bridge for it and i guess ill drop the Wizard Thumper in it.

I had a MIM Classic Jazz for a few hours last year and didnt like the neck. Very chunky.

Edited by dave_bass5

[quote name='dave_bass5' post='1183566' date='Mar 31 2011, 05:11 PM']It "seems" like the Butterscotch bass is now availible.

There are a couple of guys on TB that have them on the way, and it was showing as available to buy on Guitarcentre.com (USA site) this morning, but its now out of stock.[/quote]

It's on the Thomann site with a shipment due date of 22-4-11, I'd better start selling stuff to make room for mine!

OMG, its true. They also have the Matt Freeman. Thats settled it.

[url="http://www.thomann.de/gb/fender_sq_matt_freeman_p_bass_bk.htm"]My next Bass[/url]

And it seems they are doing it in white as well as black.

EDIT: Assuming it has vintage style frets though.

The short scale Jags have also been anounced, including one in silver.

Edited by dave_bass5

Im actually glad a company have realised how much Matt Freeman changed modern punk with purely insane licks that I struggle to understand the speed of!

The MF P and all the other basses mentioned here are really decent.

I've resisted the CVs for a long time but I don't think I can anymore!