Why become a member? ×

Early Celinder Jazz 4 Vintage

Klusee

[b][/b]This is one of first models and a bit rare - made in 94, alder body with nice looking flame maple top. Really nice burst. Celinder pickups with passive configuration - the bass is light as a feather and plays nice with vintage but no-hum tone. Super low action which is issue a bit to achieve on vintage Fenders. Used to be a fretless but some of previous owners refretted the bass profesionally. Still there are some sign of "fretless" wear on the fretboard but nothing major. There are some dings here and there on the body, but I would rate the condition of the bass very high when considering the age. It was well played and well cared.

Up fore sale since I'm in love with Sadowsky basses.. :) If you have something interesting in high end JB region, let me know.
£1270 ONO shipped all over the Europe. Comes with older but still functional hardcase.
[b] Now £1150 shipped !![/b]

All pics I currently have can be found here: [url="http://klusee.rajce.idnes.cz/Celinder/"]http://klusee.rajce.idnes.cz/Celinder/[/url]

[attachment=75416:DSC03951.JPG][attachment=75421:DSC03959.JPG][attachment=75418:DSC03953.JPG]
[attachment=75419:DSC03957.JPG][attachment=75420:DSC03962.JPG][attachment=75417:DSC03952.JPG]

Edited by Klusee

[quote name='Platypus' post='1171458' date='Mar 21 2011, 11:37 PM']I used to own a similar bass to this in its original fretless state, bough it from Danish based Basschatter Batukarma.

The pickup toggle switch has a bridge - both - neck, config.

Great basses these...[/quote]

Exactly, the toggle switch is bridge-both-neck and I actually never needed anything else...

Man, sometimes I was thinking how it sounded fretless - because of the punchy mids.

Molan, I can't say if the body is somehow different, because I've never had Update. It seems it is pretty much similar but at least the plastic cover on the backside has different shape (if it means something, can't say.. :) )

Thanks for kind words guys, this bass is really nice, especially the action is great which is really important for me:)

Edited by Klusee

[quote name='Platypus' post='1171486' date='Mar 21 2011, 10:57 PM']Think the body shape is a little different and these older ones are quite a bit lighter the the newer Updates - or at least mine was[/quote]

I must admit that my Update is quite heavy, maybe to heavy for a 3 hour gig (well, for a wimp like me anyway, lol).

I could handle the weight of the Update - its the 3 hour gig that would finish me off....

[quote name='molan' post='1171561' date='Mar 21 2011, 11:44 PM']I must admit that my Update is quite heavy, maybe to heavy for a 3 hour gig (well, for a wimp like me anyway, lol).[/quote]

This is an absolutely fantastic price for a Celinder J. OK it's not an update but it's got to be an incredible bargain at 1270. If anybody is wavering, just stop and go for this beauty. I've had the pleasure of playing and owning some outstanding instruments in the past few years (Fodera, Wal, Alembic, Alleva Coppolo etc - the list goes on). Among the best of the best was a Celinder - Christian Celinder's artistry, attention to detail and skill are something to behold. Beyond that there's a bit of magic - I can't really say what it is, but Celinders just feel so good in the hand. I only play short-scale now, but this bass at this price is getting me excited

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='1184989' date='Apr 1 2011, 05:55 PM']Is the E string significantly inboard compared to the G or does one/both run out a bit?[/quote]

Both/all strings are run out a bit, don't know the reason, but I never considered it as a big deal... at least no effect for playability for me...

[quote name='lozbass']This is an absolutely fantastic price for a Celinder J. OK it's not an update but it's got to be an incredible bargain at 1270.[/quote]
Thanks for kind words! Please note that the shipping is included meaning you guys in UK are not supposed to bother with shipping much.

• 1 year later...