Why become a member? ×

After this i swear im getting help/therapy

dougie

[url="http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=310302400393&ssPageName=ADME:B:BCA:US:1123"]http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...E:B:BCA:US:1123[/url]
Nothing unusual,an Ibby 800le,coincidendly ame color,model as erm,i already own.....yet im f***ing bidding and winning,wife stares as per usual n asks"why?",best excuse i can conjur...."not many people own a pair of these hun".....

[quote name='ras52' post='1160249' date='Mar 13 2011, 10:15 AM']Hm, are you hoping they'll mate?

BTW, what's the shipping cost? I was looking at something yesterday with a quote of $150 - ough![/quote]
guy reckons £48 quid,kinda shocked me too :)

[quote name='Ou7shined' post='1160274' date='Mar 13 2011, 10:40 AM']£48 from the States is pretty good. It's the import charges you have to watch out for.[/quote]
quotes"Seller charges sales tax for items shipped to: (6.5%). "i usually avoid buying anything overseas too

[quote name='ras52' post='1160249' date='Mar 13 2011, 10:15 AM']Hm, are you hoping they'll mate?[/quote]
Won't work. Dougie's blue SR800LE already lived for about 10 years with a gorgeous red SR800FL fretless - I had high hopes of an interesting hybrid, but nothing. :)

Jon.

[quote name='Bassassin' post='1160893' date='Mar 13 2011, 07:33 PM']Won't work. Dougie's blue SR800LE already lived for about 10 years with a gorgeous red SR800FL fretless - I had high hopes of an interesting hybrid, but nothing. :)

Jon.[/quote]

Mmmm, purple half fretted.....nice :)

[quote name='Bassassin' post='1160893' date='Mar 13 2011, 07:33 PM']Won't work. Dougie's blue SR800LE already lived for about 10 years with a gorgeous red SR800FL fretless - I had high hopes of an interesting hybrid, but nothing. :)

Jon.[/quote]
Never realised this Jon,red sounds rather fetching too... :) ......These 800s finishes are the nicest colours ive seen on guitars,f***it im gonna sell the bike,it keeps snowing anyway,and buy sr800s in all colours available.only thing i hate about the blues shinyness is i get upset if any of the kids even look at it with the usual touchy look about them,wife thought id developed a fetish when she woke at 3am and witnessed my sitting in my y fronts polishing it wearing a pair of wooly gloves and because i had "flossed under the machine heads......il point out i had been drinking.

[quote name='dougie' post='1160300' date='Mar 13 2011, 11:05 AM']quotes"Seller charges sales tax for items shipped to: (6.5%). "i usually avoid buying anything overseas too[/quote]

You'll get stung 20% VAT + £8 handling charge I reckon!

£48 is the $77 quoted on the listing at the current eBay exchange rate. That reminds me - I need to change my import tax calc to 20% VAT. That means we're going to be paying a 30% premium on the shipped price (including a £15 handling charge). Thank you Mr Osborne :)

Edited by spinynorman

[quote name='spinynorman' post='1161225' date='Mar 14 2011, 12:02 AM']£48 is the $77 quoted on the listing at the current eBay exchange rate. That reminds me - I need to change my import tax calc to 20% VAT. That means we're going to be paying a 30% premium on the shipped price (including a £15 handling charge). Thank you Mr Osborne :)[/quote]
Sorry Spiny, but you really do have to budget for this when eyeing up a potential purchase.. it's just the same for anyone outside EC looking to buy from here.
The maddest thing is that with updated Post Office charging it costs pretty much the same to ship a semi-rigid gigbag as it does to ship the instrument it will contain on arrival!

[quote name='spinynorman' post='1161225' date='Mar 14 2011, 12:02 AM']£48 is the $77 quoted on the listing at the current eBay exchange rate. That reminds me - I need to change my import tax calc to 20% VAT. That means we're going to be paying a 30% premium on the shipped price (including a £15 handling charge). Thank you Mr Osborne :)[/quote]
Tbh,i love these basses,was my first bass i could actually use,immaculatley owned y Jon here,id be happy at the end if it costs me about £300 even,there quite scarce on these shores and flogging it wouldnt be hard,ive seen 3 on ebay in 9mths,apart from mine bought here dont think many have changed hands on BC but sen a few posts looking for one.

[quote name='hubrad' post='1161238' date='Mar 14 2011, 12:17 AM']Sorry Spiny, but you really do have to budget for this when eyeing up a potential purchase[/quote]

And I do, hence the spreadsheet. And hence the dramatic reduction in my purchases from the US. You're not George Osborne, are you?

The maddest thing is using the Post Office for anything larger than a bridge.

[quote name='spinynorman' post='1162039' date='Mar 14 2011, 05:26 PM']The maddest thing is using the Post Office for anything larger than a bridge.[/quote]
[url="http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-12607065"]http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-12607065[/url]

So it was you! :)

My bids getting beat and for once im not raising it,for some reason i cant justify it even to myself ffs lol.i think its the fact its 3000 mile away,im an impatient bastard by nature and last couple of hours been getting a gut feeling about this....

[quote name='dougie' post='1162718' date='Mar 15 2011, 08:53 AM']My bids getting beat and for once im not raising it,for some reason i cant justify it even to myself ffs lol.i think its the fact its 3000 mile away,im an impatient bastard by nature and last couple of hours been getting a gut feeling about this....[/quote]
Go on admit it, you never noticed it was in the states and was cacking it. :)

[quote name='Ou7shined' post='1162777' date='Mar 15 2011, 09:41 AM']Go on admit it, you never noticed it was in the states and was cacking it. :)[/quote]

One reason I use Auctionsniper for anything serious, avoids that bowel-emptying realisation you've made a big mistake with no way back.

[quote name='Ou7shined' post='1162777' date='Mar 15 2011, 09:41 AM']Go on admit it, you never noticed it was in the states and was cacking it. :)[/quote]
ffs man dont go there....yrs ago i was pissed and bid,won and payed for a Yam fzr1000.......
to discover next morning it was a non runner.....collect from Tottenham :)