Why become a member? ×

Power Supply

hellothere

[quote name='fxpedal.co.uk' post='1159947' date='Mar 12 2011, 10:27 PM']Take a look at EffectPowerSupplies.com. Feel free to give us a call to discuss options or for any advice.[/quote]
I have one of their PSU's and i like it very much! 3A with 8 plugs. Been holding on just fine! No noises!

Which corner of Derbyshire are you in?
I've got a "power bank" (5 9V outputs overall max 450mA, on/off switch, and i've put a IEC socket on the mains lead so it plugs in on a kettle lead) I don't use you can have for a tenner in Coalville (or Woodville) PM if you're interested.

[quote name='chrismuzz' post='1158905' date='Mar 12 2011, 04:31 AM']For multi effects? I use the Johnny Shred Freak, you can get thatm a mains cable, and a daisy chain for under £30 and i've had no issues with noise yet :)[/quote]

I've just bought a Shredfreak power supply,and so far it seems great. I've got 9 pedals daisy chained off it,and it's quiet and is alot more convenient than the brick I was using. I tried another brick (i cant renember the make)which had 10 outputs,but couldn't handle having a couple of pedals plugged into it.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Doddy' post='1165011' date='Mar 16 2011, 10:15 PM']I've just bought a Shredfreak power supply,and so far it seems great. I've got 9 pedals daisy chained off it,and it's quiet and is alot more convenient than the brick I was using. I tried another brick (i cant renember the make)which had 10 outputs,but couldn't handle having a couple of pedals plugged into it.[/quote]

Another Johnny Shred Freak fan here, does the job.

• 3 months later...

What abuot the cheap power supplies you can get from ebay and elsewhere? Are they any good?

Would it be safe to use something like the following? Can they damage my pedals?
[url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/9V-GUITAR-EFFECT-PEDAL-POWER-SUPPLY-5-WAY-DAISY-CHAIN-/150569460382?pt=UK_Guitar_Accessories&hash=item230ea3a29e"]9V GUITAR EFFECT PEDAL POWER SUPPLY & 5 WAY DAISY CHAIN | eBay UK[/url]
or:
[url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Guitar-Effect-Pedal-Power-Supply-9v-5-Pedals-/270310792916?pt=UK_Guitar_Accessories&hash=item3eefc75ed4"]Guitar Effect Pedal Power Supply 9v 5 Pedals | eBay UK[/url]

[quote name='chrismuzz' post='1158905' date='Mar 12 2011, 05:31 AM']For multi effects? I use the Johnny Shred Freak, you can get thatm a mains cable, and a daisy chain for under £30 and i've had no issues with noise yet :)[/quote]

This.

[quote name='chrismuzz' post='1158905' date='Mar 12 2011, 05:31 AM']For multi effects? I use the Johnny Shred Freak, you can get thatm a mains cable, and a daisy chain for under £30 and i've had no issues with noise yet :)[/quote]
been using one for three years now, always been flawless and dead quiet. works worldwide too, provided you have the right mains cable.