Why become a member? ×

I just love how this guy has nailed the tone!

blind pilot

[quote name='blind pilot' post='1158186' date='Mar 11 2011, 03:28 PM']...To me it shows just how much I need a Wal, especially as we are now doing 10+ Tool covers :)[/quote]

Oh dear a Wal GAS attack, I feel sorry for you!
Better talk to Cetera then about his lovely Mk. 1 up FS...

[quote name='jonthebass' post='1158394' date='Mar 11 2011, 06:19 PM']Oh dear a Wal GAS attack, I feel sorry for you!
Better talk to Cetera then about his lovely Mk. 1 up FS...[/quote]

Man I have had Wal GAS for over a year now!

but if I am going to get one, its a MKII, maple facings blah blah blah (JC fanboi alert lol)

[quote name='Huwberry' post='1158454' date='Mar 11 2011, 06:56 PM']Yeah that tone is sweeeeet. It also reminds me that I haven't listened to Tool in years. Time to give some old albums a couple of spins...[/quote]
Shame on you, now go sit in the corner!

[quote name='Huwberry' post='1158454' date='Mar 11 2011, 06:56 PM']Yeah that tone is sweeeeet. It also reminds me that I haven't listened to Tool in years. Time to give some old albums a couple of spins...[/quote]
Shame on you, now go sit in the corner!

Excuse my ignorance guys but had never heard of Tool or JC ?
I did however listen to this clip half a dozen times cause it was so bloody catchy.
Excellent and what a bass.
Never heard a WAL being used like this before - impressed. Goes to show how versatile they can be.

WAL - mmmmm ! :) :) :lol:

Thanks for that.

Dave

[quote name='thumbo' post='1159445' date='Mar 12 2011, 04:00 PM']Fair play to him, he's clearly gone all out on getting that Justin Chancellor tone! Kinda makes me sick though... because I want that bass real bad!![/quote]

Now i know who JC is :)

Thanks
Dave

:)

There's a guy called TOOLbassplayer on youtube too that's got the tone pretty nailed.

To be fair though, both of them are using almost exactly the same gear as JC. It's a lot of money to invest in sounding like someone else, though it is an amazing tone. I'd have a Wal if I could afford it without a moment's hesitation.