Why become a member? ×

Hi all

Dug a Besson Trombone out of the cupboard recently. Had a check over and found the following;

It's complete with mouthpiece. The slider moves freely and it produces notes as easily as any trombone I've tried in the past.
The bell is dented, but mostly holds it's basic shape overall. The laquer is pitted overall and worn in the usual hand regions.
The case protects the instrument, but looks very, very tatty.
It will need cleaning through, as I didn't do it when I acquired the instrument and I've no idea how many people have played it in the past or what their health / hygene was like.

How about £15 collected, or exchange for a wide strap, or a reasonable set of long / medium scale flats, OBBM cable, or suggest something ?

Thanks for reading

Cheers

T

[quote name='timo' post='1154957' date='Mar 9 2011, 09:26 AM']pete.young is after one in the wanted section. Try drop him a PM.[/quote]

Thanks for the post timo. Although it would have been ideal for Pete, he had second thoughts about persuing the Trombone after all.
This one would be ideal for a beginner or someone looking for a Trombone they don't have to worry too much about.

I could use a better trombone, the slide on mine is a bit sticky and I've just taken a break from recording trombone parts to write this so apparently I do have a use for one!

It would have to be posted though since I'm in York and I don't really have any excuse to visit Essex. Would it be prohibitively expensive to post?

[quote name='MoonBassAlpha' post='1155294' date='Mar 9 2011, 01:37 PM']Is it faulty? They normally go PAARP![/quote]

MB1. :)
... So Does Johnny Fartpants! ...Theres always a commotion in his underwear!.

[quote name='thisnameistaken' post='1155480' date='Mar 9 2011, 03:51 PM']I could use a better trombone, the slide on mine is a bit sticky and I've just taken a break from recording trombone parts to write this so apparently I do have a use for one!

It would have to be posted though since I'm in York and I don't really have any excuse to visit Essex. Would it be prohibitively expensive to post?[/quote]

The size of the box will probably push the postage costs up. I'm just a bit concerned that the postage costs will almost match the cost of the instrument !

Anyone going up York direction ?

Belated thanks to essexbasscat for digging the 'bone out of the cupboard in response to my posting in the 'wanted' section. I'm sorry I couldn't take it further, but hopefully it'll find a good home.

So have a thank you bump on me. After all, we wouldn't want to see a trombone 'slide' down the page.

[quote name='essexbasscat' post='1155635' date='Mar 9 2011, 05:45 PM']The size of the box will probably push the postage costs up. I'm just a bit concerned that the postage costs will almost match the cost of the instrument ![/quote]

Yeah that's what I was thinking.

[quote name='adledman' post='1155712' date='Mar 9 2011, 07:00 PM']parcal monkey would be around 7 quid! i use them a lot and so far have had no trouble at all. they use city link and its next day service.[/quote]

I would bite at seven quid though. :)

I'm not sure about posting it to be honest. As it's tatty and roadworn, I'd like the person collecting it to be able to see it before handing over the cash, even if it is only £15.00.
I know I'm not exactly helping my sale by saying something like that, but I'd rather wait a bit and know that the person that takes it away will be satisfied with the deal.

Hey ho :)