Why become a member? ×

New Mark Bass TTE 500 Head - Vintage Modern

Grand Wazoo

Tasty, looks like a cross between the Ashdown tube series and the EBS Fafner.

Apart from my preference for a big old school amp to go down to 2 ohms, I can't really fault the specs.

11 lbs though? That is really really light for an amp with those specs.

I'm impressed.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Musicman20' post='1155843' date='Mar 9 2011, 09:01 PM']They need to concentrate on F500 and LM3 type amps, and ditch the rest![/quote]

What makes you say that?

I think the MoMark was a bit of an iffy call but I'd say the rest all have some advantages.

[quote name='MythSte' post='1155999' date='Mar 9 2011, 10:33 PM']What makes you say that?

I think the MoMark was a bit of an iffy call but I'd say the rest all have some advantages.[/quote]

I think their catalogue of products is great and varied, but what I'd want next is the F500 but more power, better control layout if possible, maybe a little larger, and a proper mute!

Oh, and headphone in/aux!

[quote name='Musicman20' post='1156079' date='Mar 9 2011, 11:42 PM']I think their catalogue of products is great and varied, but what I'd want next is the F500 but more power, better control layout if possible, maybe a little larger, and a proper mute!

Oh, and headphone in/aux![/quote]

Haha, then maybe I take it back and you should get a momark :)

[quote name='JTUK' post='1156103' date='Mar 10 2011, 12:15 AM']And bin the yellow bumble bee look..!![/quote]

Lol!

At least it's become a little more subtle over the years...seems to be more black on the LM3 etc now I think. But yeah, weird colour scheme!

I think MB make extremely good amps, but the amps that are over 500W seem to sound nothing like the popular models they make eg LM3 or F500.

I will look back into their products when they have a new line of amps out, but Id really like then to beef the basic features up a little and go ahead with that improved limiter that never saw light.

700W F500 in a slightly larger box, better laid out EQ with semi para mids, a proper mute (what is their problem with mutes?!) and the features I mentioned above would be great. Even a few pounds heavier would be fine.

They dont seem to have nailed a tube amp 'crunch' as yet like TC and now Genz, but I bet they are developing something.

Edited by Musicman20

[quote name='Musicman20' post='1156079' date='Mar 9 2011, 11:42 PM']I think their catalogue of products is great and varied, but what I'd want next is the F500 but more power, better control layout if possible, maybe a little larger, and a proper mute!

Oh, and headphone in/aux![/quote]

I don't know why you'd want more power from the F500. I play in a loud rock band and I've never had gain or master over 50%.
Agree 100% on the control layout - it can be really fiddly. I'd just rather have bass / mid / treb cut/boost really.
I don't get the "proper mute" - you pull out the master knob to mute?

:)

• 5 months later...

[quote name='Musicman20' post='1157091' date='Mar 10 2011, 08:37 PM']I think just a tiny bit more headroom.

The pull mute is too fiddly...but I'm glad they at least put it on![/quote]

I thought i would resurrect this thread, instead of starting a new one.

Has anyone bought one of these or had the opportunity to demo one?

Looks good on paper and visually

cheers

thebassman