Why become a member? ×

Autumn Leaves Transcription

megallica

I remember this when it first came out, lovely arrangement, perfect for a quiet evening's practice. Also this piece taught me nearly everything I know about bass chords up the dusty end. Win. Thanks for posting, I'll take a stroll down memory lane tonight.

[quote name='paul_5' post='1142391' date='Feb 26 2011, 02:57 PM']I remember this when it first came out, lovely arrangement, perfect for a quiet evening's practice. Also this piece taught me nearly everything I know about bass chords up the dusty end. Win. Thanks for posting, I'll take a stroll down memory lane tonight.[/quote]

LOL - when I first came across this transcription and saw four note chords I was bit itimidated but they do sound really nice

[quote name='lojo' post='1142634' date='Feb 26 2011, 06:26 PM']great post thanks, im enjoying this right now, but just had the dinner shout

any more of these please[/quote]

I believe i've got all of the solo pieces that they did.
(I scanned all of the music from the bassist magazines before I sold the entire collection - laborious, but handy all these years later).
I'll have a look and dig them out

Here you go, here are the first few.
I'll post some more later.
I've had to delete a ton of photos / attachments that i've put on basschat over the years to let me upload these (who'd of thought they'd have all added up to so much) so if you click on an old pic etc and it's not there, that's why!
Let me know if you want any more.
Cheers.

[quote name='bluesparky' post='1142717' date='Feb 26 2011, 07:36 PM']Here you go, here are the first few.
I'll post some more later.
I've had to delete a ton of photos / attachments that i've put on basschat over the years to let me upload these (who'd of thought they'd have all added up to so much) so if you click on an old pic etc and it's not there, that's why!
Let me know if you want any more.
Cheers.[/quote]

Thanks for uploading these, just working through them now and they look and sound great

[quote name='burno70' post='1144400' date='Feb 28 2011, 12:55 PM']I've got girlfriend stoppage til wednesday - can't wait to get stuck in![/quote]

To the tune, right? :)

(sorry, couldn't resist. No offence intended)

Thanks for these charts - chord work is something I've been wanting to work at for a while now so this is a great kick in the a$$.

I just had an e-mail advertising a book of solo arrangements from bassline publishing, which seems to be along these lines, for those who're interested.
[url="http://www.basslinepublishing.com/solo-arrangements-for-electric-bass.html"]http://www.basslinepublishing.com/solo-arr...ctric-bass.html[/url]