Why become a member? ×

EBMM Sterling H 2005 - SOLD SOLD SOLD

Starless

**************** SOLD SOLD SOLD *********************

The final part of my clearout (for now), is my 'backup' EBMM Sterling 2005. What's the point of a backup for a Sterling I hear you cry. I know, I know. Pointless bass to have as the main player just keeps going and going.... It's a Sterling ferchrisakes.

Tough choice to make, but the blue one has to go.

I've not had this too long, and prior to me it was obviously a well-used bass.

Major Downsides: A previous owner obviously thought it would be a good idea to wear a bleeding great belt buckle (you get my drift... check the pics). The non-glossy nature of the back of the neck also means that it's a bit, ehm.. 'grubby' (I've tried to show this in the pics also). If you know how to actually clean these things then this would be a good one for you to test your skills.

Apart from that, it's just a Sterling innit? Plays like a dream, these necks are to die for, sounds like anything you want it to sound like, currently strung with TI Jazz Roundwounds (£35 I'll have you know), gigged it on Friday (just to say goodbye) and just loved every minute. If you have never owned a Sterling, then here is an inexpensive way to get into them without having to resort to these cheapy Indonesian jobs (a new one of those will cost you what I'm asking for here for a REAL one).

It's been used, but not abused. The odd ding and scrape here and there, but looks superb up front (check the pics).

Also included is the Musicman hard case, BUT this is virtually worthless (check the pics) as it is cracked on the top and side and splintered (missing pieces) on one corner (it's 100% fine on the inside though). So, please no complaints about a crappy case - I'm telling you up front - it's just to assist with shipping.

£599 for the bass in the case. Shipping will probably be around £15 to £20 insured to mainland UK, or you can specify a courier of your own choosing.

Located just north of Aberdeen for anyone wishing to pick up in person.

[attachment=72812:s1.jpg] [attachment=72813:s2.jpg] [attachment=72814:s3.jpg] [attachment=72815:s4.jpg] [attachment=72816:s5.jpg] [attachment=72817:s6.jpg] [attachment=72818:s7.jpg] [attachment=72819:s8.jpg] [attachment=72820:s9.jpg]

Edited by Starless

For anyone else's information, this bass is approaching 10lbs (according to my bathroom scales - scientific precision though is not their forte). It could be more, it could be less. The online shops all quote Sterlings as "9 lbs (4.08 kg) - varies slightly". If my bathroom scales are to be believed, then they must weigh these things at the factory before they put the pickups in. If they are all made of the same wood, same electrics etc, then why such a variance in weight?

And just to further complicate matters, I've just weighed myself on the scales and I'm 12st 3lbs (what a slim dude). Grabbed the Sterling and weighed myself again - and it says 12st 12lbs.

So there you go, if bathroom scales are only accurate with someone standing on them then the bass is 9lbs.

Shame, it's a good price.

By the way, I've had four Sterlings in my possession over the years and they were all definitely different weights, so they must use different woods. My one and only and first true love is the heaviest of them all, but has a tone to die for.