Why become a member? ×

new bass day!

Grand Wazoo

[size=4][b]Well here it is at last!![/b][/size]

Home safe and sound, I went to collect the new Super J and I took along with me another (Dingwall) forum member which I've met for the first time, jonnyrok101 (John) because he has a Super J 5 too and wanted to see how the P/J would be different from his own.

The bass plays superbly, very well setup, and oh boy! it's got one hell of a punch on the low B, I can't recommend enough that new Precision style pickup they've just brought out it's killer! The real P bass sound right at your fingertips but with a vengeance: turn the active preamp on and run for cover!

Well here are a few shots for your delight:

[quote name='CHRISDABASS' post='1134061' date='Feb 20 2011, 09:19 AM']What an amazing bass!!!

How long did the process take from order to delivery??

:)[/quote]

Hi! I am glad you like it, I have orderded it and paid a 10% deposit with the Bass Gallery in Camdem on Oct 8th 2010, the bass was completed by Sheldon and Co. on Feb 11th 2011 and it arrived at the store on Feb 18th, and I collected yesterday on Feb 19th 2011. So that's about 5 months and 10 days from order to delivery, exactly as Sheldon promised, so big kudos to him for accuracy and quality of production.

Here are some pics of it with the other pickguard I have bought (I've bought 2 of them a parchment cream and a white pearloid) I think I prefer the pearloid one, but I am not too sure yet.

[b]Before[/b]

[b]After[/b]

Edited by Grand Wazoo

[quote name='lettsguitars' post='1135834' date='Feb 21 2011, 05:24 PM']serious now. htf do you barre a chord on one of those. i guess it must be easier, or you wouldn't do it would you.[/quote]

Seriously, you shouldn't try to find a hindrance that doesn't exist, just because it looks weird to you, all I can say is try one and you will see what all those who have tried it, would have experienced.

As for the barre chord, those frets are not really that sloped in a way that would prevent you to used a barre, of course from the 14th fret onwards things get a bit more slanted but then again, do you really barre a parallel fretted bass past the 12th fret anyway? Do ya? Show us a video.

ha. i'm not dissing it me ode. a genuine question. yes i barre above the 12th. and so does carl hodgkinson. :) i am just intrigued as i've never come across the fanny frets first hand and wondered how you get on.[quote name='Grand Wazoo' post='1136071' date='Feb 21 2011, 07:49 PM']Seriously, you shouldn't try to find a hindrance that doesn't exist, just because it looks weird to you, all I can say is try one and you will see what all those who have tried it, would have experienced.

As for the barre chord, those frets are not really that sloped in a way that would prevent you to used a barre, of course from the 14th fret onwards things get a bit more slanted but then again, do you really barre a parallel fretted bass past the 12th fret anyway? Do ya? Show us a video.[/quote]

[quote name='lettsguitars' post='1136094' date='Feb 21 2011, 07:55 PM']ha. i'm not dissing it me ode. a genuine question. yes i barre above the 12th. and so does carl hodgkinson. :) i am just intrigued as i've never come across the fanny frets first hand and wondered how you get on.[/quote]

Very easy, I wouldn't have bought 3 of them if I didn't get on with them, if ever you are in London give us a shout and you'll be more than welcome to try any of them, it would be my pleasure to let you see for yourself.

[quote name='Grand Wazoo' post='1136133' date='Feb 21 2011, 08:10 PM']Very easy, I wouldn't have bought 3 of them if I didn't get on with them, if ever you are in London give us a shout and you'll be more than welcome to try any of them, it would be my pleasure to let you see for yourself.[/quote]
if you promise not to hit me! :)