Why become a member? ×

Some really cool relicing you've done there mate

Soloshchenko

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140512078601&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT"]How/why the hell has this happened?[/url]

I'm almost tempted to buy this, fill it, refin and put it with Stevie D's broken neck which is winging its way to me as we speak. The only thing is, would it look ridiculous coupling a 51 reissue body with a standard precision headstock?

[i]The body has been relic'd (aged) to emulate the wear and tear from many years of playing. [/i]

[color="#0000FF"]I screwed up. Badly.[/color]

[i]The relicing is very unique to this body and not a generic pattern. [/i]

[color="#0000FF"]You won't see another one as bad as this in a hurry.[/color]

[i]There a lot of chips round the sides of the body, and marks on the back, but this is all part of the relicing. [/i]

[color="#0000FF"]It's supposed to look like that. No, really, honest it is.[/color]

[i]The wear marks on the front of the bass are quite deep in that they go into the wood a little, and not just the laquer.[/i]

[color="#0000FF"]Those Dremel grinders are right little bastards to control, aren't they?[/color]

[quote name='BurritoBass' post='1129973' date='Feb 16 2011, 05:56 PM']I don't think it would look silly. Personally I'd just strip the whole thing but that's just me[/quote]

I know what you mean but I don't think I can live with the huge "relic craters" this weirdo has, for inexplicable reasons, added to the front of the bass. I'd have to re finish it blonde or something after filling those up.

I've been looking everywhere for a 51 body/standard neck combo picture but nobody seems to have done it. If anyone could find me an image of what it would look like I'd appreciate it.

[quote name='Ou7shined' post='1130204' date='Feb 16 2011, 08:30 PM']Anyone that's thinking of buying should probably ask for some pics from a different angle. I don't like how the grain angle changes dramatically on the "reliced" areas (indicating a fair old change in depth).[/quote]

I agree, they look bloody deep craters! Such a nice body/finish to mess up so badly. I've requested pics but if I win it I've resigned myself to strip down the body, refill the whole thing and re finish in nitro.

[quote name='Happy Jack' post='1129988' date='Feb 16 2011, 06:06 PM'][i]The body has been relic'd (aged) to emulate the wear and tear from many years of playing. [/i]

[i]There a lot of chips round the sides of the body, and marks on the back, but this is all part of the relicing. [/i]

[color="#0000FF"]It's supposed to look like that. No, really, honest it is.[/color]

[i]The wear marks on the front of the bass are quite deep in that they go into the wood a little, and not just the laquer.[/i]

[color="#0000FF"]Those Dremel grinders are right little bastards to control, aren't they?[/color][/quote]
:)

[quote name='Happy Jack' post='1129988' date='Feb 16 2011, 06:06 PM'][i]The body has been relic'd (aged) to emulate the wear and tear from many years of playing. [/i]

[color="#0000FF"]Those Dremel grinders are right little bastards to control, aren't they?[/color][/quote]

It's long hand for "I tied it to my tow-bar & drove it round the block one time too many".