Why become a member? ×

ESP 400 Series

MissusMayhem

I was given a bass guitar a while back
I have never played
and still dont
But as far as i can gather its not a bad bit of kit...
Im not sure where to sell it or how much to expect from it....
if anyone could help i would be grateful :)
i attached photos :)

okay
i have done a bit of research ....
the bass come with stand a thick padded gig bag
and i will take any offers from around £275
inbox me for any details
more photos anything :lol:
thanks

Edited by MissusMayhem

Have a Google for "ESP 400 series bass", quite a nice bit of kit and not a cheapy by any means.

The Jazz ones seem to come up more regularly, if you find one of those that sold that should be a good guide price.
Linus on here had one - [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=18479"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=18479[/url]

Seems like a mid-80s bass?
If so it's a proper Japanese ESP, not the Ltd series they put out now. Nice bass!

Edited by lemmywinks

[quote name='silddx' post='1122783' date='Feb 10 2011, 03:56 PM']Is it from the 1980s do you know?[/quote]

Late 80's, the 400 series was made between 89 and 92, I used to have a gorgeous Jazz with tortellini pickups :) that was stolen from me together with a Fender Jazz, stolen from the removal truck as I was moving homes!! (They paid me back but I never got the same basses back)

Edited by Grand Wazoo

Have you had the bass checked over by someone who knows about setting up a bass. It might help your sale if you could provide evidence that it is set up correctly, has a good playable neck and the electrics are working ok. I say this because, correct me if I am wrong, you are not a bass player and your asking price might not be reachable if it plays like a plank of old wood.

A few things are jumping out at me here. I have never seen that bridge on an ESP bass and is nothing like the one on my ESP 400 Series Jazz. I have also never seen those tone and volume dials before. Plus, I have certainly never ever seen that head shape on an ESP bass. It might all be 100% genuine but its worth checking out first.

The back of the neck should have a serial number stamped on it. Plus, the neck plate should have the ESP logo on it and a serial number. Does it have any of these?

[quote name='Linus27' post='1124066' date='Feb 11 2011, 05:08 PM']A few things are jumping out at me here. I have never seen that bridge on an ESP bass and is nothing like the one on my ESP 400 Series Jazz. I have also never seen those tone and volume dials before. Plus, I have certainly never ever seen that head shape on an ESP bass. It might all be 100% genuine but its worth checking out first.

The back of the neck should have a serial number stamped on it. Plus, the neck plate should have the ESP logo on it and a serial number. Does it have any of these?[/quote]

I thought the same about the head shape also. I could be completely wrong as I had one of these around 15 years ago.