Why become a member? ×

Hello from Cornwall

Cornish Bassman

Hi Everyone, I have just got back into playing Double Bass after a gap of about 10 years. My new 5 String Bass arrived yesterday from Gedo Musik and I have to say I am very impressed with it, it's set up with a set of Evah Pirazzi, a decent french Bow, a stick of Nymans rosin and a decent Gig Bag. I had seen a few favorable comments about Gedo on here and I can only say they are a bargain.

Any hoo, hello fellow bassists and look forward to some good topics on here in the future.

Back to my practice.

Cheers :)

Edited by Cornish Bassman

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

[quote name='tippbass' post='1118180' date='Feb 6 2011, 09:05 PM']Welcome.......I was in Newquay a couple of times mid late 90's......I saw 2 bands that spring to mind, Rootjoose was one and the other was a solo guy with backing tracks , Al Hodge sadly passed away I understand ....some sound for a one man band !![/quote]

Rootjoose were a band I knew very well a few years ago. My old band used to share gigs with them often. Harry the bass player from Rootjoose has had fame in the band Kubb, check them out. Nice chap.
Al Hodge was an awesome musician and lovely bloke. Bodmin town has its own annual festival called Alstock to remember Al Hodge.

Good memories.