Why become a member? ×

Fretless Fender Precision (CIJ)

AndyTravis

Hello, been a while.

Selling up, may have a shot at a dream Jazz.

£550 - Or +/- if you have a nice P/J Pickup set Nordstrand/EMG/Duncan etc.

Fretless Precision is a rare Jap reissue.
Has US pickups

Paypal is fine, add fees.

Bank Transfer is preferred.

Andy x

Edited by AndyTravis

Hi guys,

Jazz Bass is more or less sold pending me getting the Pickguard/Pickups packed up with the bass.

Fretless is mega, may be able to post a sound clip if I can get to my better broadband later (Mum and Dad's AOL is not doing itself any favours).

But, any questions, please PM me, i'll do my best, will be home later to respond.

Bump,

Things sorted for Jazz, new home by the weekend.

This Fretless is honestly well worth a try, such an interesting bass, and none of the searching for a 'Good One' like i did with the original 70's ones when I almost gave up trying to find this reissue.

Think the dream Jazz has gone now, but needs must, bills to pay... :)

[quote name='tom1946' post='1129176' date='Feb 16 2011, 07:00 AM']Does the neck have edge markers Andy?
I tried a fretless once and loved it, would need to learn though so I could do with the markers.[/quote]

Every factory Fender maple fretless neck I've played Tom has had marker on the fretline (not between them as is the case with many of the rosewood fretless necks for some reason). This makes fretless intonation much easier. I'm guessing that if this is a 70's RI, it will be the same but don't take my word for it. However, even if it doesn't, you can do what I did with an old Ibanex fretless neck and simply use typex!

Cheers

Chris