Why become a member? ×

Adamovic 5 Buckeye Burl single cut

zwartm

This bass was build by Luthier Nicola Adamovic ( www.adamovic.nl ) in the Netherlands and delivered in september 2009. Very exclusive bass with beautiful woods and necktrough design. The model has the looks of the Matthew Garrison bass by Fodera and plays and sounds wonderfull. This bass newprice was 4900 euro. Bass is like new and has no dings or dongs.The bass is located in the Netherlands near Rotterdam and comes in a gigbag. Shipping of the bass is additional. Shipping with for example G.L.S is only 30 euro's to England.. Price of the bass is lowered again today 04-03-2011 to only 2550 euro's.... I might also be interested in a trade with Status, Alembic, Tobias or Ken Smith in mint condition...The features are;

- 35 scale / 19 mm string spacing
- buckeye burl top and matching headstock + P.U cover
- flamed bubimga back + matching back of headstock
- stabalized birdseye maple fingerboard with abalone blockinlay
- 2 piece african padouk body
- 5 piece neck ( maple/padouk/wenge )
- maple veneers
- gold hardware
- knobs are custom made by David King knobs in the U.S.A
- seperate batterycompartment
The bass has a satin finisch and has a weight of 4,1 kilo

Technical information:

- Pickup placement is slightly off centre towards the bridge providing you with lots of tonal possibilities but always remaining clear and vocal.
The electronics are designed by German company Glockenklang and has the same output in active or passive mode. The pickups are Adamovic/Hauessel design.
Controls are 3 way switch per pickup, active/passive push/pull, volume - blend - treble - midrange - bass.
The 2 dual coils sit within a custom adjustable wooden playing ramp.
This bass packs loads of punch and fast articulation which is extremely suited for solo style playing while maintaining a rock solid low-end for groove playing. This bass is everything you ever wanted and more..for less
Here's a link to a bassplayer playing a simular bass in sixstring also in buckeye burl at Todobajos bassday in Spain taken from the Adamovic site:

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jprcI-lMRU"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jprcI-lMRU[/url]

Regards, Mark[attachment=70289:ada5.jpg][attachment=70290:ada4.jpg][attachment=70291:ada2.jpg][attachment=702
92:adamovic.jpg]

Edited by zwartm

[quote name='bubinga5' post='1113178' date='Feb 2 2011, 11:53 PM']No dings or dongs..let me just ring my bank! could that Adamovic be any more bling... stunning... reminds me of Sukop...[/quote]

Did you ring youre bank allready....??

wow ive been admiring these basses since a fellow basschatter put me on to them, absolutlely stunning i would love to try one!! would never have the cash though :) check these out i am very enamoured by the hollow bodied eclipses and they have lovely wooden bridges that string through the body!!
bump for this work of art!!